Some of my sport Photos

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by dbirdsong, May 12, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hi everyone, my name is Dave Birdsong and I love sports photography.
    I thought I would share a few of my photos with you.
    These are some girls high school soccer, taken with a D70 with a Sigma 70-200 HSM EX with a 1.4 Sigma TC.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But my favorite sport to photograph at the moment is ice hockey.
    This past winter I was 1 of the 2 official photographers for the UHL Motor City Mechanics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please visit my web site to check out my photos.http://www.davebirdsong.com/photos.html

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    boy they get rough don't they.

Nice action shots.

Thanks for sharing.

keep them coming.

3. Nice shots Dave. :D :D :D In the first shot it looks like the defender is thinking....."Uh, I don't think I want a foot in my face". :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Dave,

I enjoyed the sports action images. I attempted to shoot some youth hockey but had a heck of a time with the fact that the overhead lights regenerate so often. I spent quite a bit of time editing them on PS. I need to shoot some more images to see if camera settings can help for the future. Stay well....

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

While I don't know just what the arena your shooting is like, but most of the arena's I have been in you have to use a ISO of 1600, set the WB manually and use as fast of shutter speed as the lighting will allow.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That is exactly what I did. I shot at ISO 1600 and adjusted my WB for the lighting. The lights in the place cycle often which made some images rather dark. I also was not happy with the vantage point that I shot from. I was not happy with the outcome and I plan to shoot again in the future.

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Now that you mention it.. Sure does...