Some Old Lenses & Film Bodies

My wife's uncle passed away a few years ago. RIP uncle Charles. He was into photography a long time ago. His son was going through some things and knowing that I like photography, asked if I wanted his equipment. I said sure. So for bodies I received a Nikon FM2, FT & F2. The F2 has the complete leather case and the FT a partial leather case. Lenses: Nikon 43-86 f/3.5, Micro Nikkor 105mm f/1.4, Micro Nikkor 5.5cm f/3.5 & a Miida 200mm f/3.5. These old camera bodies are built like tanks. It's really cool to see and have these older beauties and also to see how far things have advanced. I'll take & post some pictures later of the equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Chris
... Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 ...
I've got one of those - it is arguably the worst Nikkor ever. :Wink: Mine is very cool, and has it's own, special way of rendering an image. I call it my "grunge lens." The 86 end is GREAT for atmospheric portraits.

... Micro Nikkor 105mm f/1.4, Micro Nikkor 5.5cm f/3.5 ...
You mean f/4 right? These classics are why slr micro photography became popular. The 55 is legendary.

... I'll take & post some pictures later of the equipment.
Pop some Kodak BW400CN in (available at any Walgreens) and get it developed at their 1-hour. And then also show us some pics taken WITH the lenses!

You struck gold here, and it will do a service to uncle Charles' memory.

I've got one of those - it is arguably the worst Nikkor ever. :Wink: Mine is very cool, and has it's own, special way of rendering an image. I call it my "grunge lens." The 86 end is GREAT for atmospheric portraits.

You mean f/4 right? These classics are why slr micro photography became popular. The 55 is legendary.

Pop some Kodak BW400CN in (available at any Walgreens) and get it developed at their 1-hour. And then also show us some pics taken WITH the lenses!

I have that lens as well, leftover from my Nikon F days. It was that lens that made me shy away from zoom lenses for a very long time:smile:
Joe

There have been lots of changes but you will be hard pressed to find an optically and mechanically better lens than the 105mm f4 Micro-Nikkor.

Larry

Yes you are correct. F/4.... My mistake

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom