1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some Old Lenses & Film Bodies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mudfoot, Aug 16, 2009.

1. mudfoot

mudfoot

Dec 29, 2008
    Bronx,NY
    My wife's uncle passed away a few years ago. RIP uncle Charles. He was into photography a long time ago. His son was going through some things and knowing that I like photography, asked if I wanted his equipment. I said sure. So for bodies I received a Nikon FM2, FT & F2. The F2 has the complete leather case and the FT a partial leather case. Lenses: Nikon 43-86 f/3.5, Micro Nikkor 105mm f/1.4, Micro Nikkor 5.5cm f/3.5 & a Miida 200mm f/3.5. These old camera bodies are built like tanks. It's really cool to see and have these older beauties and also to see how far things have advanced. I'll take & post some pictures later of the equipment.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
  2. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    It will get even better if you actually use them :wink:

3. mudfoot

mudfoot

Dec 29, 2008
    Bronx,NY
    You are correct !

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I've got one of those - it is arguably the worst Nikkor ever. :Wink: Mine is very cool, and has it's own, special way of rendering an image. I call it my "grunge lens." The 86 end is GREAT for atmospheric portraits.

You mean f/4 right? These classics are why slr micro photography became popular. The 55 is legendary.

Pop some Kodak BW400CN in (available at any Walgreens) and get it developed at their 1-hour. And then also show us some pics taken WITH the lenses!

You struck gold here, and it will do a service to uncle Charles' memory.

5. vandrv

vandrv

Jul 21, 2008
    Maryland
    I have that lens as well, leftover from my Nikon F days. It was that lens that made me shy away from zoom lenses for a very long time:smile:
    Joe

6. There have been lots of changes but you will be hard pressed to find an optically and mechanically better lens than the 105mm f4 Micro-Nikkor.

Larry

7. mudfoot

mudfoot

Dec 29, 2008
    Bronx,NY
    Yes you are correct. F/4.... My mistake

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.