Some old scanned prints - F4 and UH-1H

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by jln319, Oct 19, 2005.

1. jln319

jln319

Oct 12, 2005
    SF Bay area
    I've been slowly scanning in some old prints from when I was in the National Gaurd. These were all taken with a Pentax K1000 SLR back in the mid 70's.

F4D that stopped in to the Air National Gaurd base. We had RF4C's at the time.

[​IMG]

RF4C on the flight line at the ANG base

[​IMG]

RF4C's taxing to flightline.

[​IMG]

These next shots were from when I was in the Army National Gaurd.
    This one is looking out the front of a UH-1H helicopter.

[​IMG]
    After landing.
    [​IMG]
    high hover.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  2. They are all nice shots. I'm sure you are aware that they all have a yellow/greenish cast to them that could probably be fixed in PS. What processing are your doing with these images?

3. Jeff,

I love the shots of the F-4. They sure brought back memories.
    When I was in the USAF I repaired the radar systems (mapping and attack), bombing computers, and missile firing circuits on the f-4.

I have a lot of shots that are on slides that I need to scan.

4. jln319

jln319

Oct 12, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Hello Gordon and Ray,

Thanks for the comments.

Gordon, I haven't done any additional processing except scanning and cropping.They were developed about 30 years ogo at the local drug store. I have PS Elements but I am still very much a rookie at touching up photos. I am going to give it a try though. Thanks.

Ray, when I was active in the USAF I worked in aircraft weapons. I got out early and spent some time in the ANG which is where I took the pictures. Worked in the weapons shop there too but it was a recce squadron so we only had to load photoflash cartridges in the A/C. They were 100,000 candlepower flashbulbs for taking night pictures.

Glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for looking.