Some photos of my car

These were all taken with my 50mm 1.8. Oh yeah, the car is a '01 Nissan Sentra. Comments/critiques always are welcome!

DSC_0015-01_web.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 12888
View attachment 12889
View attachment 12890

When I clicked on the thread I thought I'd see some pictures of a car...all I got was headlights.

As for the images themselves: You've left little spaces for the eye to escape out of the frame. While looking at the subject (the headlights) my eyes are distracted and pulled towards the empty spaces on the sides. That alone generally constitutes the failure of an image to provide visual satisfaction.

Not sure what you were aiming for here. You might wanna give it another go remembering to fill the frame and to provide a compelling subject.

I very much like the second one with the reflection on the bumper and on the side of the car. Good contrast of colors.

I wasn't going for a visually compelling concept with these pictures. I just took one part of my car (the headlights), and choose to attempt to frame up the image to my own liking. Sorry if my pictures were 'vague' per se in that you were looking for 'more' besides my headlights. That's just how I like to shoot.

Nick, cool shots. I agree w/Gilles, the second shot is the best of the series.

Nick i think you should take more reflections picture from your car in different surrounding and from different part of the car.

Latest threads

Top Bottom