Some photoshop trickery....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, May 17, 2005.

1. I wanted to get nice shot with some serious back-lighting. I shot this with the sun more or less behind the subject (actually behind and up... just out of frame). The effect was great, but I was really knocked out by what the blue channel had to offer. I've found with many shots of green vegetation that the blue channel is almost completely black in the green areas. You can get some neat effects.

original.

Hopefully you can see this one. I've been having trouble posting images stored on Pbase. I tried to follow Uncle Frank's guide. Hopefully it worked. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Oh by the way, the photo is of a type of desert succulent. It was shot with my 70-300 D at 300mm.

Dave

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very imaginative use of light David. I have found that the blue channel is often blocked when compared to the others under certain lighting conditions.

This almost looks like curling smoke.

3. sinapps

sinapps

Apr 30, 2005
    Houston
    Very cool.