Some pics from the NHRA Nationals (large!)

Discussion in 'People' started by Steve S, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Long, fun day, with a LOT of walking! I've got the blisters and sunburn to prove it. :frown: These are just a few samples of the "action" we saw there. :cool: Dunno how the trackside photogs do it. The big boys in top fuel were absolutely scary when they made their runs, and the noise and the vibration was out of this world!
    original.
    tight crop:

original.
    original.
    original.
    A shot from the far end of the track:
    original.
    My boys:
    original.
    Asampling of the fairer sex attending :biggrin:
    original.
    original.
    original.

2. You never fail to dissappoint. These images are smoking, especially the last few. :biggrin:

3. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi steve-

great photos, i like the heat distortion in some of the photos.

ricky

4. Very very nice. I can smell the burning rubber, smell the fuel, smell the smoke,and most of all - smell the perfume..........

:biggrin: :biggrin:

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very cool Steve.. But only 3 pictures of the ladies? How disappointing :biggrin:

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Steve,

I like the samples that you posted. The second image where you cropped very tightly is amazing...love the detail in the slicks and the heat vapors. I did watch a couple of the runs today but some home projects put the end to that right away. I was looking for you along the track but you never did wave to me...I even sat directly in front of the television and yelled out your name!!! :eek: The image of your boys was very nice as well...the young gentleman on the right is playing football I hope! Oh yeah, and the images of the trackside ladies...very nice as well. Keep more of those images coming Steve, you did an awesome job. If the pro shooters would have shot from somewhere else and the concrete crash walls were lower, that sure would have helped...but you did well with your vantage point. Job well done, sir! :cool:

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks everyone,

Haven't had much time to go through all the shots yet. These were more or less just a random sampling of them. Will post some fo the others when time permits.
    And Frank, ya, I agree, the shooting location wasn't the best, that's for sure. Probably should'a taken the top row seats that Tickmaster offered, instead of row 2.