Some portraits in the park

It's been a while since I've done any portraits of my friend Todd's boys, so we went over to the neighborhood park one evening recently to take some pictures. The kids were more interested in running around than in posing, but there were a few brief periods of semi-cooperation. I don't see how you people do this for a living, I think I would go crazy. :eek:

As always, C&C welcome and appreciated. Full gallery is here, here's a selection of shots:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great work! I really like the third one (shot with the fisheye). I think it portrays a message the best. I saw it as a minimalism, "small kid, big world". Keep up the good shooting!

Steve - Thanks for looking and commenting.

Nathan - thanks. I've been wanting to try a fisheye shot like this for a while and finally got the opportunity. I don't remember to get that lens out as often as I should, it can be a lot of fun to shoot with.

Keith - thanks. These are just natural light. I probably should have used some fill-flash as it would have helped on some of these. The kids had short attention spans and were constantly on the move, so I was shooting CH and didn't think the flash would be able to keep up.

drdrew - thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

nice shots, I normally don't like fisheye for portraits but I think it kinda works well in that shot. Kinda shows how big the place is compared to the little guy haha

I think they are all great. You got such nice colors and exposures. The fisheye photo is fun, but I think that Nos. 2 and 4 are really special. I bet the family will love those.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom