Some random Birds on Sanibel, FL

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sam821, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I took my camera out on its first vacation and was able to catch (what I thought were some nice photos of random birds in Sanibel...

I hope you all enjoy! Comments are definitely welcome! :smile:

This Heron just sat there and posed for me!
    2657292288_e6decf7651_b.jpg

Another shot, same bird as above...
    2657291186_82f7e3e8b4_b.jpg

Some bird (not sure what kind of bird)... cropped a bit using the camera.
    2656457999_03e1c38755_o.jpg

Chasing a seagull in flight... I know I'm not a professional, but I tried!
    2657283558_8e715c0c05_b.png

This seagull just began to takeoff... I chased him around a bit until I got the photo I wanted!
    View attachment 217008

I didnt use any Post Processing, maybe I should have but I haven't learned yet...

If you are interested in my other set of Sanibel Island Photos check them out here:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=1958435#post1958435

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I like your perspective/background on the 1st shot :cool:

Keep posting and asking questions, everyone here helps
    everyone :wink:

Mainly Enjoy :biggrin:

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Looks like one good tern that......nah never mind, it looks to me like a juvi/nonbreeding royal tern.

4. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Hey, I took my camera on vacation to Sanibel last weekend, too! Sorry I missed you. We stayed at Captiva at Jensen's Marina.

Nice heron! And welcome to the Cafe, Jose!

5. Sanibel Island is a fine place to shoot birds. Very nice series here. That tern may be a tad soft though. Keep shooting and posting.

6. Thanks! That Heron made it really easy for me. I was probably 5-10 feet away and he didn't flinch!

7. a tern! I wont forget now... I figured it was a species of gull.

Thank you for the kind words! I had never been to Sanibel before, its very quiet and beautiful. I will definitely make my way there again! I stayed at the Sanibel Inn on the east side of the island.

Thank you! The photo of the tern was cropped from a photo showing a group of several tern. I only had my 50mm when I shot this photo, so I couldn't zoom in any more. Perhaps I can PP it and see if it helps. :smile: