1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some random Birds on Sanibel, FL

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sam821, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I took my camera out on its first vacation and was able to catch (what I thought were some nice photos of random birds in Sanibel...

I hope you all enjoy! Comments are definitely welcome! :smile:

This Heron just sat there and posed for me!
    2657292288_e6decf7651_b.

Another shot, same bird as above...
    2657291186_82f7e3e8b4_b.

Some bird (not sure what kind of bird)... cropped a bit using the camera.
    2656457999_03e1c38755_o.
    NIKON D60    ---    50mm    f/10.0    1/4000s    ISO 1600

Chasing a seagull in flight... I know I'm not a professional, but I tried!
    2657283558_8e715c0c05_b.

This seagull just began to takeoff... I chased him around a bit until I got the photo I wanted!
    View attachment 217008

I didnt use any Post Processing, maybe I should have but I haven't learned yet...

If you are interested in my other set of Sanibel Island Photos check them out here:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=1958435#post1958435

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I like your perspective/background on the 1st shot :cool: 

Keep posting and asking questions, everyone here helps
    everyone :wink:

Mainly Enjoy :biggrin:

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Looks like one good tern that......nah never mind, it looks to me like a juvi/nonbreeding royal tern.

4. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Hey, I took my camera on vacation to Sanibel last weekend, too! Sorry I missed you. We stayed at Captiva at Jensen's Marina.

Nice heron! And welcome to the Cafe, Jose!

5. Sanibel Island is a fine place to shoot birds. Very nice series here. That tern may be a tad soft though. Keep shooting and posting.

6. Thanks! That Heron made it really easy for me. I was probably 5-10 feet away and he didn't flinch!

7. a tern! I wont forget now... I figured it was a species of gull.

Thank you for the kind words! I had never been to Sanibel before, its very quiet and beautiful. I will definitely make my way there again! I stayed at the Sanibel Inn on the east side of the island.

Thank you! The photo of the tern was cropped from a photo showing a group of several tern. I only had my 50mm when I shot this photo, so I couldn't zoom in any more. Perhaps I can PP it and see if it helps. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.