1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some Rays action

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Mitchell, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Tough for me to get many keepers at our domed stadium with the D2Xs. I really need the high ISO performance of a D300 or D3.

These were fair from today.

BJ Upton with a broken bat hit

377594679_QpuEW-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Safe at second!

377594691_CYMQn-L.jpg

Almost got my elusive ball on bat shot today. Evan Longoria, my vote for AL rookie of the year.

377594998_2V9e3-L.jpg

My son Evan in the outfield before the game.

377594349_Rdpvz-L.jpg

2. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Actually Mitch, those are pretty good!, Did you get the close up of him (from below) with the ball in the mitt to look like he's robbing some one of a home run?

3. Nice job Mitch your Rays have had a great season, how cool for your son to get to shag some flys. Nice pictures BTW and I agree on your rookie of the year picture

4. Thanks, Tim. Wish I'd thought of that shot. I was just glad to catch him off the ground.:biggrin:

5. Thanks, Mike.

A fun day at the Trop. Yesterday was season ticket holder appreciation day. They let all of us crazy season ticket holders onto the field 2 hours before the game. Then the players came out for photos with their loyal fans. Fun for my son, but it was even more fun for me.

Dan Johnson. He won a game for us at Fenway after getting stuck in a cab from the airport. Showed up halfway through the game and hit a homer in the top of the 9th!
    377596388_TV7Xg-L.jpg

Up and coming pitchers

377593871_VQAsj-L.jpg

377593417_nAEMS-L.jpg

Closest thing we have to a star on our team of nobodies is our shortstop

377592933_wV2pX-L.jpg

6. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Dang if those Rays ain't doing us proud this year, eh, Mitch? And LOVE the new logo and renaming of the team.

Great shots you got here. I've had huge problems with that funky faux-grass while shooting the games at the Trop. Grass always seems more blue than it looks to the naked eyeball. You did great with these and the shots of your son (another Evan... Coincidence? I think not...) are fabulous!

7. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Great captures. Im sure your son had a blast!

8. Pia, the lighting in that dome is really tough. While it looks bright, it really isn't! I cannot figure out the temp rating of the bulbs they use. The bigger problem is the ever changing color temp of the light coming through the fabric of the dome.:frown:

These were all shot in AWB after I've thrown up my hands in frustration!

Where are your Rays shots?

9. Good job in nasty conditions, you really need a color meter for acurate WB in that cave. Looks like a fun day out for all.

10. great shots Mitch, loads of fun. And congrats on the post-season berth...

11. Thanks, Chris.

I'm just hoping we don't see the Red Sox again this season.:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.