Some recent assignments- 10 images

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mitchellbrown, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Warning, some accident images. This is what I have been up to lately

This was for her brochure for her pottery

potter.

9 passengers were in this van. The driver lost control and flipped the van after it blew a rear tire. She was taken to a trauma centre via helicopter. 1 other passenger was taken via ambulance. The seven others were treated at the scene.

View attachment 101152

Firefighters start overhaul after an early morning fire ripped through a home.

View attachment 101153

A 250 tonne crane collapses, killing the operator. the rest of the crane is 150 ft down in a dry dock.

View attachment 101154

I am a photographer for City Kidz. An Christian organization that works with inner city children to build into them and to help them in their everyday lives.

This was from their annual picnic. I feel so blessed to be able to give something back.

View attachment 101155

The scene of an accident. A vehicle ran a red light. An elderly woman succumbed to her injuries early the next morning.

View attachment 101156

A car traveling at a high rate of speed, missed a stop sign, broke through a barricade and flew 200 meters in the air over an escarpment ( Our mountain here in Ontario ) . It then traveled 100 meters through trees before coming to rest just feet before railway tracks. The single male was extracted and taken to hospital in critical condition.

View attachment 101157

City Kidz - Bikes for Kidz
    Wow what a day!!!
    Over 100 children received a brand new bicycle complete with safety equipment, bicycle lock and safety-training course. This is a joint effort by the Hamilton Police Department, 5 local Canadian Tire stores and City Kidz.

View attachment 101158

View attachment 101159

View attachment 101160

Thanks for looking.

2. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    You have some very stirring images here, Mitchell. Awesome work.

City Kidz has a fantastic mission statement. I studied it here: http://citykidz.ca/home/ after reading your post. This can and undoubtedly will make a very positive impact on the lives of many impoverished children!

3. Thanks John. Like I said I'm so blessed to be apart of that organization.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful post
    Great shots

Great work you do for the Kids:>)))))
    Thank You

5. These are fantastic, and thank you for your work with City Kidz, you are indeed blessed, as are they! :smile:

Reminds me of the scripture from today's sermon:
    1 Peter 3:9 NIV "Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. "

6. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

very nice .....thank you for posting them

7. Very nice images, the joy in the kid's faces (especially the young African American boy) is palpable, and brings a smile to my face.

8. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    They pulled someone out of that car by the railroad tracks? That thing looks like it's been through the crusher. Amazing.
    Nice images.

9. It is nice to see some photos from things I recognize, as I am from the Hamilton area and I know of City Kidz, great organization and it does work as your photos attest to the smiling children.

10. joyce

joyce Guest

Quite the variety of shots.

11. Well done, thanks for posting.

12. Excellent series keep up the great work.

13. Those kids on bikes are so happy the feeling comes right through the photos. Nice work!

14. Gretchen said it perfectly! Awsome presentation for sure!