Some recent damsels

Just a few of the damsel shots I've taken during the last couple of weeks.

Enallagma cyathigerium - male

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Coenagrion puella - male

original.jpg

Enallagma cyathigerium - male

original.jpg

Coenegrion pulchellum

original.jpg

Coenegrion pulchellum

original.jpg

Ischnura elegans - male

original.jpg

Ischnura elegans - male

original.jpg

Torben,
Those are great, I really like the "Ischnura elegans - male" the light green is beautiful.

Wow! Excellent images, Torben. The first photo, (Enallagma cyathigerium - male) is my favorite, and the third image is also very good, IMO. Detail and color are outstanding. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Tobin,
Those are great, I really like the "Signora elegance - male" the light green is beautiful.

Thanks Paul. I agree that the I. elegance is a pretty dragonfly.

Wow! Excellent images, Tobin. The first photo, (Enigma centigram - male) is my favorite, and the third image is also very good, IMO. Detail and color are outstanding. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Thanks Tom. I was lucky with that one. After a few hours with bad luck he suddenly found the right place to sit. To get him to stay I told a few jokes that he apparently though was funny. :biggrin:

original.jpg

Torben,
i don't know HOW you do it
wow
these should all be in some textbook

awesome shooting, sir

Thanks Greg for your kind words. Always appreciated.

LOL at the last capture and comments :biggrin:

Great series Torbon! I am glad you named the species, in my ignorance I assumed they were all the same... I will have to pay more attention to damsels, and find a good resource for identification.

Thanks Jeff. Identifying the different species is interesting and adds to the fun.

I don't usually come into this forum...but wow you guys are into Dragon Flies. This series is beautiful. Boys and their bugs...I should've known it. Now let me go find some "Lady Bugs" to go shoot.

Again...beautiful shots.

Amazing Work Torben!

Sorry I missed your comment Steve. :redface: Thanks. Always appreciated.

Excellent series, Torben!

But where´s the yellow elegans :smile:

How was Skåne?

Hej Jukka. Thanks. Here's the yellow elegans for you. She is very beautiful and unusual.

original.jpg

I had a great trip. I did see 3 boltonii males but none that perched. I certainly see why you like them. Did see some other species that I enjoyed. Not totally satisfied with the images though. Maybe the sun was too much. I will certainly go back there. It took me 2.5 hours to get there. Not too bad.

I don't usually come into this forum...but wow you guys are into Dragon Flies. This series is beautiful. Boys and their bugs...I should've known it. Now let me go find some "Lady Bugs" to go shoot.

Again...beautiful shots.

Hi Seneca. Thank for your comment. It seems like dragonflies and damselflies are a "guy thing". Wonder why?

Really great shots! You must be a very patient man! :smile:

Thanks Karen. When I'm out there I forget time. So many things going on.:smile:

Those are awesome :)

Thanks Ron.

Elegant and beautiful, Torben! Looks like you are having a great summer with these.

Thanks David. I love being out among the miniature wildlife during summer. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom