Some Recent Digiscopes

Discussion in 'Birds' started by woundedmallard, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Hey Everybirdy,

Here's some recent digiscoped images from the past week or so. Of course I'm just about always shooting but hardly have time to process since I've got my 500GB ex hd. Trying to formulate a work flow is tricky business! :eek:

Anyway......

Northern Flicker nestling/fledgling
    original.

Gray Kingbird
    View attachment 98749

Least Bittern (full frame, no crop from about 20 feet or so)
    View attachment 98750

Northern Bobwhite
    View attachment 98751

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shots for a digi

3. Like that first one Tom. About how far???
    Lou

4. I was only about 15 feet away! Still it was closer than my 80-400 was going to get. Part of the fun of doing the digiscoping down here is taking advantage of how close I can get to many subjects and getting "in your face" results without disturbing the birds.
    In short, boy I really want a 500mm or a 600mm someday! :biggrin:

5. Hey Tom Have you ever looked at the Sigma 500mm F4.5??? I have seen a lot of really nice photos from them on different forums. There is a guy on FM forum with a canon 30D and a Sigma 50 to 500 and he has it on a BushHawk and you should see the photos he posts. They are unbelievable from a lens with a 10X zoom. I have a Sigma 800 for my Canon mount and I also had one for my Nikon Mount and I can say for the money it is hard to beat. I did know of a guy that had a Nikon mount one for sale as he got a 600 AFS2 and wanted to sell it but was asking way to much and I told him that so I don't know if he sold it or not but if you were interested I could try and find him as he is on the FM Forum.
    Lou

6. Thanks Lou, I appreciate that. At the moment though, I'm not in the market for any new toys. Will certainly sheck out those that you mentioned when the time comes. Thanks again.

7. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    #3 American Bittern? Been meaning to try my D200 or D70 with my 8" Cat...really hard to get it steady.