Some recent flowers

Here are a few flower images I have spat out recently. An ongoing effort to find a style I like.

105mm micro, D70. I liked the colors in this one and how the leaves lay.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

60mm micro, D2X, flash & softbox. Interior shot portrait of a lilac. I am amazed at the nuances the D2X is capturing.

17-55mm DX @ 31mm, D2X. An attempt at a portrait of an old potted azalea bush that explodes in flowers every year. Shot outdoors at night. Not quite happy with the lighting & exposure. Will have to try again next year!

60mm micro with 5T closup filter. Miniature rose, shot indoors. Amazing how many creatures make their lives inside of flowers. This particular mini rose was bought at a grocery store at about 5 inches tall. It is now a five feet tall bush that produces thousands of flowers.

Very Very nice. Quite a variety of colors and flowers.

Looks like the Lilac has aphids :>)) Amazing what a camera see that we don't.

Very nice Ed. I've spent most of my (very brief) photography life shooting birdies, but have started to look at flowers. I really like these.

Regards,

Frank

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

One thing I am finding as I go along is that I really have no idea what someone other than myself might like vs. what I do. I like the first image the most, by far, and none of them all that much (this is just a ploy on myself to keep me trying harder ;) ).

Ed,

If we aren't our own hardest critic, we won't ever improve and grow. I've shot literally 1,000's of birdie shots, but still don't have one that I consider 'great'. Good, yeah (he says modestly....;-)), but not great.

Regards,

Frank

Was just reading some threads and saw mention of FM's Velvia plugin. Thanks Joe Marques!

Just had to try it on the first image above.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom