Some recent flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Beezle, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Here are a few flower images I have spat out recently. An ongoing effort to find a style I like.

105mm micro, D70. I liked the colors in this one and how the leaves lay.

[​IMG]

60mm micro, D2X, flash & softbox. Interior shot portrait of a lilac. I am amazed at the nuances the D2X is capturing.

[​IMG]

17-55mm DX @ 31mm, D2X. An attempt at a portrait of an old potted azalea bush that explodes in flowers every year. Shot outdoors at night. Not quite happy with the lighting & exposure. Will have to try again next year!

[​IMG]

60mm micro with 5T closup filter. Miniature rose, shot indoors. Amazing how many creatures make their lives inside of flowers. This particular mini rose was bought at a grocery store at about 5 inches tall. It is now a five feet tall bush that produces thousands of flowers.

[​IMG]

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    I really like the lilac shot! The others are nice too.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots....I just love the last one of the rose.

4. Very nice series of shots, you should feel good about them.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very Very nice. Quite a variety of colors and flowers.

Looks like the Lilac has aphids :>)) Amazing what a camera see that we don't.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Ed. I've spent most of my (very brief) photography life shooting birdies, but have started to look at flowers. I really like these.

Regards,

Frank

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Very nice shots. The second one is my favorite. It has nice smooth tones.

Charles

8. The soft tones of the lilac does it for me too.

Martin

9. Nice shots!! The rose shot is very nice. Soft and warm!! :) :) :)

10. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

One thing I am finding as I go along is that I really have no idea what someone other than myself might like vs. what I do. I like the first image the most, by far, and none of them all that much (this is just a ploy on myself to keep me trying harder ;) ).

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ed,

If we aren't our own hardest critic, we won't ever improve and grow. I've shot literally 1,000's of birdie shots, but still don't have one that I consider 'great'. Good, yeah (he says modestly....;-)), but not great.

Regards,

Frank

12. Was just reading some threads and saw mention of FM's Velvia plugin. Thanks Joe Marques!

Just had to try it on the first image above.

[​IMG]