1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some recent images from my trip to Oregon/Washington

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Pradipta Dutta, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Here are some of the images I shot during a recent trip to Oregon and Washington. Critique/comments welcome.

Rest of the images can be found at -

http://www.pbase.com/pradipta/orewas

Stream at upper horsetail falls -
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Multnomah Falls -
    original.jpg

Olympic National Forest -
    original.jpg

Ruby Beach (this was probably the most difficult to shoot because of the high dynamic range required - had to blend 7 bracketed shots and also a couple where I had to use fill flash to expose the haystack properly) -
    original.jpg

Cannon Beach -
    original.jpg

Another one at the Cannon Beach but this time Sun almost below the horizon -
    original.jpg

2. Excellent! Really like the last two.

3. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Agree, excellent series of images. Congrats !

4. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Ahh nice shots of Cannon Beach! My family has a beach house there and I absolutely love going there! Making a trip down there Aug 1st! I'm pretty stoked, this is the first time I'll have my whole sig to take along and hopefully get some good shots.

5. Love the dark and mysterious shot of the stream. I find that so much more rewarding than bright and cheerful! And Canon beach is such a rich place to shoot--you did especially well!

6. Thanks Anthony. Cannon beach was certainly our main attraction. That is why we scheduled it to be visited last and sped a good 3 to 4 hours photographing it with the Sun receding down the horizon.

Thanks, RFC!!

Thanks Jordan. How lucky you are to have a family beach house in such a beautiful area!! Needless to say, I am jealous:D epressed. If I were you, I would visit Cannon at least once every year!!

Thanks, Nick!! Appreciate your kind comments!!

7. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Really good series. I love the last two especially!

8. Thanks, Martin!!

Here is another view of the famous haystack rock from a different angle ...

original.jpg

An, here is a shot of the upper horsetail falls -

original.jpg

9. excellent shooting
    the first cannon beach shot is incredible.... with the sun behind the middle rock formation
    very well done

i enjoyed this series a lot
    thanks for sharing

10. Thanks, Greg!!

11. Thanks, Terri!

12. Pradipta
    These are some incredible pics, excellent contrast, color & framing.
    were these taken with your D3?

13. Thanks!! Yes, all of these were shot with the D3.

More than 70% of my images were shot the 14-24. The other 30% were almost equally spread between the 24-70 and the 70-200.

14. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Pradipta
    If you ever get the chance, continue down the coast from Cannon Beach. It's a beautiful drive and very scenic. The Oregon Coast is entirely different from one end to the other, and beautiful the whole way!

Can you tell I'm an Oregonian?:biggrin:

15. Excellent set! The beach shots are beautiful.

16. Great shooting:wink:

17. That is exactly the plan. We just ran out of time to drive south of Cannon beach. What time of the year would you suggest to be the best? Spring?

Thanks, Phil!

Thanks, Sal!

18. Very nice. Looks like you had a good trip. Your images from Canon Beach are great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.