Some recent portraits...

Here's a little of what I've been doing lately. Pretty much more of the same. The good news is I finally have some adult subjects to shoot soon so that will be a nice change. Business has been a little slow with things the way they are but it's been picking up lately. Anyways here's some shots. All shots D200 with either 28-70 2.8, 80-200 2.8 or 50 1.8. All exifs intact. :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And one of my son for good measure. :)

It depends on the image but here's the basic. I fix blemishes on a duped layer to begin. Usually dodge the eyes very slightly, then dupe the original layer again, gaussian blur around 20% and set layer to soft light around 40-60% opacity. I then do levels, selective color, and color balance tweaks as necessary all on adjustment layers. The first two images I did one extra step to bring the color out in the stairs. I simply duped the image and used sponge too to really bring everything out then reduce opacity to taste. I could have gone the LAB color route but I hate all that masking. I have most everything in an action so the edits take about 2-4 minutes each. Thanks for the comments.

Great shots! Number four made me chuckle out loud. I love how his blue eyes really pop! Nice bokeh too, in that shot...

Nathan, All these should be winners in the parents eyes. You definitly have a great way of bringing out emotion in your photos. Great stuff.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom