some recent studiowork

Discussion in 'People' started by alex from holland, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Hi all,

it's a few months ago i posted my last results.
    we went to the studio again with some friends. I hope you like the results. Comments are more than welcome. for me it was the second time ever in a studio (so please be gentle !!)

tryout with lensbaby 3g

2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

The Lensbaby shots are intriguing.

3. Wonderful work Alex................ I love the last B/W image............

Very, very good! :cool: :cool: :cool:

G

4. Hi joshua,

thanks, is also was impressed of the shapness of that lens.

alex

5. Graeme,

thanks for your kind words. Somehow the B&W is also my personal favourit.

alex

6. #4 is the standout for me... while the others are all very good the 4th one is more of a complete image. Good composition, dynamic pose, lighting, color, sharpness, positive/negative space play... I find it to be a very professional image.

7. Woody, seeing your work i take that as a great compliment !!

regarding the other pictures : what can i improve in the next shoot ??

8. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Alex,

I love the shots. Congrats on your studio work!

IMHO, if you cropped out the right model in the first shot and cropped vertically and tighter around the left model, it would be a beautiful shot. She seems much more natural and the lighting and pose are super.

Mike

9. Train your eyes to see light like the camera sees it and trust your instincts.

10. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    I agree with Woody on image #4 being the best of this set. One technical issue I see is your black levels seem artificially pushed to the left too far. This leaves little or no detail in the blacks. In image 1 and 4 the woman camera left appears to be a 'floating head' with no detail in the clothing.

Wonderful subjects. Very well done for a second effort!

11. Interesting because I didn't notice that... I found the flow of light area (faces and hair) created a contiguous shape that interacted well with the negative space, the black.

But you do bring up a valid point and I doubt that detail in the black clothing would negate my observation. Good eye.

12. I personally like the last one a lot.

13. Very nice work Alex. My favorite would be #4 but they are all good. Thanks for sharing these lovely models.