Some recent work.

Just some recent client shoots.

80-200 2.8 AF-S - SB800 on cam
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

80-200 2.8 AF-S - SB800 off cam

28-70 2.8 AF-S - SB800 off cam (camera left)

50 1.8 - SB800 on cam

Nate, the first shot is amazing! has a very 3D effect to it, while I like 2 and 4 not into the cut off heads, the baby shot is nice also.

Dan

Nate, the first shot is amazing! has a very 3D effect to it, while I like 2 and 4 not into the cut off heads, the baby shot is nice also.

Dan
I agree with Dan...wow it looks like one of those OOB pictures. Great job.

A

alinaki

i love the first and the expression of the child in the last one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dan
I am very guilty of head chopping that's for sure. For me it's all about the placement of the eyes. IMO it's the eyes that are the important part of the picture so I follow the rule of thirds with them. If I have to chop heads than so be it. I'm trying to break the habit but I tend to compose too tight in camera. I've screwed myself more than once with cropping because of it. It's a hard habit to break. Thanks for all the comments.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome series Nathan!! What's not to like about these?? For #1, you have "SB800 on cam" - did you use any type of modifier on the flash (ABBC, diffuser, G. Fong, etc.)??
I usually use a Demb but it was pretty bright out that day and bouncing it with the demb wasn't giving enough output.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom