Some recents shots from the zoo

Boring, I know, but it's a convenient place for me to go and get some practice on weekend mornings when my wife has to work half-days sometimes.

As always comments/suggestions/critiques welcome. Click on an image for PBase page with full shooting info.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Technical quality on this last shot is pretty poor even after heavy post-processing; unfortunately the exhibit they're in is terrible for photography. Not only is the plexiglass cloudy and dirty, but it's also so thick it distorts the image and makes getting a clean, sharp image impossible. But these cubs sure are fun to watch, I spent the better part of an hour there last time.
original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never boring...Never the same shot twice, never the same expression or behavior.

These are all great. I love animals and nature.

Thank you for sharing.

Jeff,

These are in no way boring (if anything is boring, it's shots of the same GBH's every week :rolleyes:). These are great shots, and are as good as any posted here. Give us more like this every week. :wink:

Thanks, Gale and Frank. I guess sometimes it just seems boring going to the same exhibits time after time. But it is good practice and you never know when persistence will pay off and you'll see something new.

George, thanks I like that one too. Though I wish the mother had been turned a bit more towards me so I could get more of her face. I think this shot from a while back is actually my favorite of this pair so far.

B

bfjr

Never boring as others have said
Just went myself a week ago always good practice, and hey get to shot animals I may never see anywhere else, well maybe here :wink:

bfjr said:
Never boring as others have said
Just went myself a week ago always good practice, and hey get to shot animals I may never see anywhere else, well maybe here :wink:
Thanks Ben. I know what you mean; someday I'd love to go on an African safari but in the meantime this will have to do. :)

Nice series, Jeff! I haven't been to the zoo since the spring and your shots make me want to plan another trip there as the weather finally cools and the animals get more active.

Kevin, Gordon, and Don, thanks for looking and for the kind words.

Don, there's a possible group outing to Houston zoo in the works, might want to keep your eye on this thread over at TPF. (hope the PTB here at the cafe don't mind a bit of cross-promotion).

Latest threads

Top Bottom