Some rookery shots

Hi Y'all,

Been busy as all heck lately. Here's a few shots from the rookery in the Alligator Farm at St. Augustine

145536218-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

145536398-O.jpg

Well, the place is called the Alligator Farm
145536489-O.jpg

149511358-O.jpg

149511444-O.jpg

145536539-O.jpg

149511473-O.jpg

Thanks Harry. I really needed a reminder of how awesome you Floridians have it. :eek:

Super shots. :smile:

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Well, I couldnt agree more with Frank, It would bne nice to be down there shooting with you!!!

INteresting to see the breeding plumage BTW, maybe next merrit should be in april may?

Well, I couldnt agree more with Frank, It would bne nice to be down there shooting with you!!!

INteresting to see the breeding plumage BTW, maybe next merrit should be in april may?

It would be great shooting with you Andreas. The problem with April/May for the next MI shoot is that while the rookery is very, very active the wetlands and MI are very, very slow. The rookery ain't all that large and all you would need is two days there at the most. I usually shoot from 3-6 or 7 PM, sleep over at a nearby motel and then shoot from 8-11 AM the next morning and that gets me the shots at the rookery and then I return 1-2 weeks later.

Great shots Harry. I need to get over to Florida and spend some time shooting. I would love to take a coastal trip from Texas around the curve into Florida just shooting wildlife.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
JUst dreaming I know you take care of us in the best way. Would be fun to come down when the breeding is in full swing, maybe one year....

It would be great shooting with you Andreas. The problem with April/May for the next MI shoot is that while the rookery is very, very active the wetlands and MI are very, very slow. The rookery ain't all that large and all you would need is two days there at the most. I usually shoot from 3-6 or 7 PM, sleep over at a nearby motel and then shoot from 8-11 AM the next morning and that gets me the shots at the rookery and then I return 1-2 weeks later.

Great shots Harry. I need to get over to Florida and spend some time shooting. I would love to take a coastal trip from Texas around the curve into Florida just shooting wildlife.

Thanks Jimmy, that sound sliek a great trip. Its kind of funny because I've been considering a trip in the opposite direction. :biggrin:

Harry,

It appears your Florida Snowies "blush" a lot more and redder that those we have here in TX. Never realized their feet went red as well. Super series!

Nick

Thanks Nick and you get bonus points for being the first one to catch the oversaturated reds in that shot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom