Some Saturday Birdies 09-02-06

whip; Since kevin keeps giving me crap about not posting my most recent outing images I quickly scanned and picked out a few shots from Saturday 09-02-06. I headed out to two locations the San Diego Wild Animal Park and then to the coast. It was way cooler at the coast compared to the park.
Found a smorgasboard of shorebirds... Willets, Whimbrels, Long Billed Curlews, Marbled Godwits, Terns, Plovers, Turnstones, Sanderlings and many more.. Also found the standards Egrets Snowy and GWE.. As a added bonus I found 4 Little Blue Herons I have only seen in pictures before..

So here is a sampling of what I found.. Many many more to edit through...

Tech
D2x
200-400
TC14EII
ISO 250

For most of the birdies I was able to go into stealth mode and approach to about 40ft.

Enjoy

Willet Wing Stretch
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Skimmer Skimming
View attachment 60304

First shots of Little Blue Heron
View attachment 60305

View attachment 60306

Had its portrait taken
View attachment 60307

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Eric, You sound you had a good day out there. I really like the second shot, reflection composition and contrast are all there.

Eric, as always, great images. I particularly like the protrait of the heron.

G

Gordon Large

Hey Eric -

These are all great, but the last one is fantastic. The image of the bird would be beautiful in any setting, but the rich colors of the background make this a very special image.

Gordon

Hey Eric -
These are all great, but the last one is fantastic. The image of the bird would be beautiful in any setting, but the rich colors of the background make this a very special image.
Gordon
THanks Gordon... These guys wer very people friendly they let me approach pretty darn close which surprised me...

Latest threads

Top Bottom