Some shore birds - includes flying rats!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by NeilCam, Sep 25, 2005.

1. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Well as I said in my thread about the butterflies, I skived off work on Friday and went shooting instead.

There were so many birds down at Rio Del Mar beach that they had to queue up to have the pictures taken. I think this bloke got bored with the wait:

[​IMG]

Now knowing that some think the only good birdie shot is a flying birdie shot, I thought I'd satisfy them early in this post with this shot:

[​IMG]

Terri has posted in another thread an accumulation of photographers (correct collective description?) waiting to shoot an eagle. Well I had the reverse where there's just me crawling round on his knees with the tripod shortened trying to get shots while people wandered around on a busy beach. These guys are tiny which is why I'm trying to sneak up close:

[​IMG]

So are these:

[​IMG]

While these ones could have cared less about me:

[​IMG]

This bloke thought he'd pose for me:

[​IMG]

And for those who gave up reading this post after the flying rat shot above then they've missed this one of a tern calling as it fly (rapidly) by:

[​IMG]

Finally, I'm going to sneak in a shot of another tiny shore bird I took in the difficult foggy conditions the week before:

[​IMG]

It was a lovely few hours shooting in nice sunny conditions and definitely beat staying at work. Hope you enjoy them.

Neil

2. great Neil. I looked several times and I guess the flying rats thingy was over my head. (no pun)
    Dave

3. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Sorry Dave, I thought of the clever title, but then forgot to explain it. :grin:

Some think that gulls are nothing more than flying rats.

Neil

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey I hung thru till the end and was happy with all that I saw!!

Very sharp, crisp every one of them.

5. Luv the series but the first 3 are great, beautifully done!

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Neil

I'm just begiunning to do some shore bird shooting...you've done a great job here!

Very impressed...