Some shots from a wedding assist I did this Saturday

Discussion in 'People' started by stickbowguy67, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I am working with a photog I know and getting to assist with some weddings. I know they may need work but I was happy with the turn out.

2. love the sunset photo
  3. Thanks, i thought they came out ok. Used a D40x for these
  4. Mike, great work! Loved all the shots.
    Were these taken at Grand Traverse Bay? That extra "blue" water is what I always remember when I lived in Traverse City. Oh, and the cherry blossoms too!
  5. These were north of T.C. same Bay though, and thanks
  6. Nice work and it looked like a nice wedding too
  7. Thanks guys, it was fun, Im starting to like this more as I do a few, this was the second wedding I got to help with
  8. JakeB.

JakeB. Guest

I went to a seminar with Hanson Fong on Tuesday night and one of the things he taught might have been some assistance to you...

When you have a larger bride, you can minimize her size by hiding her behind the groom.
    Also, the closer a person is to the camera, the larger they will look.

The second shot, for example; You could have had him be in the front... this would effectively made him larger and her smaller. She would have been half hidden behind him, again decreasing her portrayed size.

One of the biggest things he stressed was, always do your best to make the bride look good. They're the ones that are in charge of what and how many prints are purchased after the fact.