Some shots from LiJiang, China (large post)

LiJiang is a small city in YuanNang Province in China. Like many other southwestern areas, LiJiang has many breathtaking landscapes and great cultral heritage. It is photographers' heaven for all the seasons.
LiJiang is famous also because Shangrila is not far from the city.

Shangrila is the beautiful imaginary place depicted in James Hilton's novel Lost Horizon (published in 1933). Because of high altitude (about 4000m), my son didn't feel comfortable during our last trip. Therefore we didn't visit Shangrila. This will give us another big reason to go back to LiJiang in the near future.

Mt. YuLong (i.e., Jade dragon)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The tallest peak of Mt. YuLong
View attachment 12282

Tree over the cliff
View attachment 12283

Canyon HuTiao (Narrow Canyon even Tiger had jumped over)
This is one of sources of Yangtze River.
View attachment 12284

Pole of lovers
View attachment 12285

Sunset over canyon wall
View attachment 12286

Lake LaShi. This is migrant bird heaven during winter.
View attachment 12287

NaXi (nationality) woman. NaXi has a tradition that women do heavy work in the fields while men take care of kids and home.
View attachment 12288

If these are too many photos, let me know and I'll split it into several posts. Thanks for viewing.

Real Name
Chris
WOW 3!!! Those are fantastic! Your trip has brought back many fine treasures to be sure!

Like Simon, I like the first one a lot - I was surprised when I scrolled down to see the alling water. :)

But I also really like the last one. The expression on the girl is wonderful!

And I am amazed how much #6 resembles Yosemite! ;)

Keep up the shooting and posting!!!

I can't even pick a favorite, because they are all so beautiful. Looks like an area I would love to visit, although chances are I will never get there--too many places close to home I haven't seen yet. :D

I'm so glad I could see China through your eyes.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom