Some shots from LiJiang, China (large post)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by 3stones, Jul 19, 2005.

1. LiJiang is a small city in YuanNang Province in China. Like many other southwestern areas, LiJiang has many breathtaking landscapes and great cultral heritage. It is photographers' heaven for all the seasons.
    LiJiang is famous also because Shangrila is not far from the city.

Shangrila is the beautiful imaginary place depicted in James Hilton's novel Lost Horizon (published in 1933). Because of high altitude (about 4000m), my son didn't feel comfortable during our last trip. Therefore we didn't visit Shangrila. This will give us another big reason to go back to LiJiang in the near future.

Mt. YuLong (i.e., Jade dragon)

The tallest peak of Mt. YuLong

Tree over the cliff

Canyon HuTiao (Narrow Canyon even Tiger had jumped over)
    This is one of sources of Yangtze River.

Pole of lovers

Sunset over canyon wall

Lake LaShi. This is migrant bird heaven during winter.

NaXi (nationality) woman. NaXi has a tradition that women do heavy work in the fields while men take care of kids and home.

If these are too many photos, let me know and I'll split it into several posts. Thanks for viewing.

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots of some fabulous scenery! Thanks for sharing!

3. Very nice shots, 3stones! Looks a lot like Kunming scenery. It sure would be nice to be there for a bit to take some shots! :)

4. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Woah, very nice, terrific scenery.

5. Very impressive!!! Beautiful area!! :D :D :D

6. What a beautiful place. Great images and thanks for sharing.

#1 - I think gets my vote as my favourite, though the final one is full of atmosphere.

7. Very nice thanks fro sharing these are great what a beautiful place

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    WOW 3!!! Those are fantastic! Your trip has brought back many fine treasures to be sure!

Like Simon, I like the first one a lot - I was surprised when I scrolled down to see the alling water. :)

But I also really like the last one. The expression on the girl is wonderful!

And I am amazed how much #6 resembles Yosemite! ;)

Keep up the shooting and posting!!!

9. Wonderful pictures

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I can't even pick a favorite, because they are all so beautiful. Looks like an area I would love to visit, although chances are I will never get there--too many places close to home I haven't seen yet. :D

I'm so glad I could see China through your eyes.

11. Thanks all for the kindly comments. I'm glad all you like the photos. I just added some more comments to each photo. Hope you can get some info.

12. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

13. Great pictures. I like the mountaim pictures the best.