Some shots from the dam

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Like Patrick, I haven't shot in a couple of weeks, so I decided to process some of the shots that I never got around to from the last few months. Here's a few samples. These were taken with the D2H / 300 2.8 + 1.7 TC. I was pleased by the sharpness of several of these shots. In the hands of a competent photographer, it would probably do pretty well. :rolleyes:

OK, it's a butt shot, but I love the feather detail on the back and wings.

[​IMG]

In the tree:
    [​IMG]

Out of the water:
    [​IMG]

Approach:
    [​IMG]

Posing:
    [​IMG]

Climbing:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. The clarity and detail in these are amazing. Looks like you had a GREAT day!

3. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    First class stuff, what I wouldn't give to get shots like this!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hiiiiii Frank :>))))

Went out today myself..:>))
    I can't believe I did not shoot one GBH.. OMG first time for that. Eagle was out in the north forty. :>))))))

Each and every one of your GBH's are wonderful.

Thanks. I love seeing them

Hope all's well

Please tell Janie hello for me :>))

ohhhh PS...
    I think the Mayor has a girlfriend :>))))

5. Frank
    These are great the sharpness is perfect spot on as are the exposures. Keep them coming

6. Frank, I can't believe how much detail you get out of these guys. Another great job. Sure wish we had some of that sun here in the PNW.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Frank Frank Frank
    Your GBHs are the reason I've been busy throwing all my GBH shots right out the window.
    Man you make them look so 3D, sharp well just everything is spot on.

Hey I did this one today ........ what do you think??
    [​IMG]

8. Frank,
    Dam good shoots! Couldn't resist the pun. The last is my favorite. The shadow adds another dimension to the photo. Looks like you have the equipment, shooting, processing all working together to make excellent photos.
    Regards,

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the kind words my friends. The cool thing is that some of these are pretty good crops. Here is number 2 uncropped. I think that the D2H and the 1.7 TC both held up pretty well.

[​IMG]

Here's one more:

[​IMG]

Ben, that's a pretty good shot. When I shoot these guys, I try to get the eye as well as good feather detail. If possible, I also try to get good leg and toenail detail. Not always successful on any of those counts, but that's my objective. :wink:

10. The bar keeps getting higher here, great images Frank!

11. Are you sure you just took these? Where is the snow? :frown:

Oh ya, I forgot. Not everyone is suffering.

Nice shots Frank :wink: