1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some shots from the dark side

Discussion in 'People' started by stickbowguy67, May 13, 2007.

1. Yes I said the dark side, I had to use another camera last night for a shoot. Here are a few pics.
    TE1.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 95350

View attachment 95351

2. Hey Mike, thanks for sharing these shots. I like them but there are some things that you could do to make them better. A reflector to bounce some light back into the faces would have made a big difference. Also, cutting the feet off in #2 doesn't work for me. I like the last one but again a reflector would have worked wonders, either that or some fill flash. Cute wife/girlfriend you have there.

3. Thanks Gordon, I did use a fill flash but with the sun where it was it just didnt seem to work well. I thought the same thing about the feet also. This couple is getting Married in Aug. and had some pics comming as a part of the package they got through another photog. I know. I had to fill in for her for these. I many others I am sure they will like.

4. Well, no magic bullet from Canon for portraits taken direct sunlight... WHY do you guys insist on doing this?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gotta agree Woody

6. Well not my choice of lighting and I did have to work in their time frame. Plus we were high on top of a hill with just some small Cherry tree's for shade. But Im no pro. Sorry if I upset anyone

TE15.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.