Some Sigma 70-200 2.8 Macro II shots...

Discussion in 'People' started by cleoent, Aug 7, 2008.

1. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    From my son's first day at the beach!

This is my good friend Yih-Woei's lens, I used it on my D300. I really like the warm colors the lens gives off and the focusing was blazing fast. I think it can be a little soft (especially compared with the nikon 80-200, 70-200) but does clean up well with a little PP sharpening, and at f5.6 beyond it's terrific.

But most of all, i just love the colors!

I know there have been tons of requests about this lens so if you have any questions i'll do my best to answer, i only shot about 200 or so pics with it.

Yih-Woei's son, Tyler

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1876&g2_serialNumber=1.

My wife :Love: and son, his first time seeing the ocean (damnit i should have been in front of them!) :Love::Love:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1878&g2_serialNumber=1.

Wife and son

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1886&g2_serialNumber=1.

Discovering sand...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1888&g2_serialNumber=1.

Here it is wide open at f2.8, the bokeh is nice, the image is a touch soft though.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1873&g2_serialNumber=1.

Thanks for looking :smile:

Overall i give the Sigma two thumbs up. The price point, the performance, the colors, and the overall build quality really surprised me.

2. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Nice shots, you all are a cute family. The beach is the perfect place for that focal length. Very cute.

3. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Thanks! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.