1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some signs just raise a lot of questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TomP, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Saw this yesterday. Robotics:eek: :confused: 

large.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. On a billboard sign!!!!????? :eek:  Makes me shudder. LOL

3. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    Oh, my....cool shot, though!

4. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    My thoughts exactly...

5. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    All I can say is.....ouch.

6. I think i would have to say more than OOOOUCH, I'd be screaming Demerol:smile:

7. I don't like/trust dentists with a drill; why would I even want to get in the same building as a proctologist with a robotic drill?? :m24:

8. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    I'm going with the 'ouch' thing as well.

9. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    Well my "pucker" factor just shot up a whole bunch!

10. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    I've seen those ads around here, too.

Now, mind you, I'm a big fan of robotics, but somehow robotics and surgery just don't seem to be a good match. :eek: 

11. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    esspecially in rather tender areas

12. I know when they did my grandpa's proceedure, they went in his guy up front, not from behind, (OUCH)!!!!!!!

13. Gort

Gort

Mar 10, 2008
    Phoenix
    Did you "crop" that one? :tongue:

14. Not that either one is a walk in the park, but a small robotic arm seems less invasive. (Plus, the robot doesn't have a tee time!)

Sean

15. gladjo

gladjo Guest

Sound exciting. Tee hee hee. :wink:

16. Hey Tom...Nice find! What's advertised on the other side of that billboard??? Vasectomys???:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

17. goffer

goffer

Nov 22, 2007
    San Diego
    I'm glad it doesnt say actual size in the small text.

18. Well it looks big enough as it is, in the scale:biggrin:

19. Surgery is pretty nerveracking in itself. I cant even imagine in not being done by doctors *shudders*

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
  20. It's called the DaVinci robot, and it is state of the art in regards to removing the prostate, as well as other laproscopic procedures. It can allow a surgeon to perform a procedure on a patient in a different state, even a different country. Even for surgeries where the surgeon is in the same room, the machine gives him a 3D view of the organs where a standard laproscope only gives the doctor a 2D view. This makes a huge difference in the accuracy when you're dealing with sparing nerves that the prostate enshrouds. These nerves are what can cause erectile dysfunction if they're damaged. The robotic arms also give better range of motion than standard laproscopic tools held by the surgeon themselves. Needless to say, this is not something all hospitals have, so to advertise this capability to potential patients could bring in huge revenues to a particular facility.

More info http://www.davincisurgery.com/?id=it&gclid=CN6pn--L9ZsCFQY9xwodlAyx-w

http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/index.aspx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.