Some small cold birdies from Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Feb 28, 2005.

1. OK back in PA from my trip to FL and it is a nor easter today calling for 8-12 inches of snow here so here a few front yard birds I got today
    Male Downy Woodpecker
    original.
    Nuthatch
    original.
    Female Downy Woodpecker
    original.
    Goldfinch
    original.

2. Very nice images Mike and yes, those last two do look cold. Kind of funny since I was just out cutting my lawn this morning.

3. Gee'z your poor birdies are freezing, and down here they're sunning.

Well, all this indoor time gives you a chance to catch up on pp'ing some of those fine shots.

these are superb

4. Hi Mike........

Long time no chat...... some beautiful pics, lov the last couple in that white stuff. NIce to know we arent the only onces that have it. I hear their is a big storm brewing out east, NY area, someone said upwards of 18inches of that white stuff. Doesnt feel so bad being a canuck lately. Most of our white stuff has left us, in positive temperatures, life is good.......I know were not done yet, but enjoying it!!

How are you making out editing all your pics from Florida?? dont think I have seen any of yours

Keith

5. Re: Hi Mike........

Keith
    Hey there yea we are gettign our share of snow today, I have posted many shots from Merrit check out the Meritt forum here on the cafe, what a trip, you have to join us next time.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike,

Close the dam door, will ya...We are getting the cold down here.

Not nice for the florida KOOKOO bird..

Great shots kiddo.

Cheers
    Gale

7. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Mike,

Great shots with excellent environmental context. Show us a picture of your feeder/perch setup.

8. Gordon it was cold windy and snowy yesterday, poor little guys sure can brave teh elements, I cant even see my yard here!

9. Thanks Harris I do enjoy hanging out and watching these guys and figure out there habits. Thes birs nneed no sunscreen for the next couple of months

10. LOl Gale well I will try to keep all this cold air up in my neck of the woods, thanks for looking

11. Joe I will tak a few pictures when I have a free moment nothing fancy just some perches and the feeders are placed near some natural trees. Will post by the weekend.