Some 'sort of' flip shots....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    These are not the best examples of the RR flip, but I get them so rarely, that I just couldn't hold back. :rolleyes:

When I got to the dam this morning (after I picked myself up from the rocks :redface:), it was mongo foggy. The GBH's were thick down at the edge of the river, so I tried some odd things to try to get any kind of shots. These are stopped down pretty severely, and I used the SB-800. They came out looking like they were shot at night. Not exactly what I was trying for, but I did get a 'sort of' flip.

Caught the fish:
    [​IMG]

Figuring out what to do next:
    [​IMG]

'Sort of' an RR flip:
    [​IMG]

Tail end of another flip: :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Again broken camera and fall aside, you had a great weekend of shooting and brought home some stunning shots. These are no exception
    Boy your GBH's eat well by you :biggrin:

3. Really neat images. You are getting great at capturing the birds catching and eating their prey. Love the last one, a classic.

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Frank, I really love that spotlit/night effect you ended up with!! Takes the images out of the ordinary. Sometimes our "mistakes" give the best results.

Neil

5. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    Ron always comes with great captures even if you stand next to him and shoot the same thing he always gets it and you really come up with the captures -those blues eat well in your neighborhood

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images Frank. Like the way these turnd out. Great mood.

Good work.

Oh and your ouchies.. Oh I can feel that from here. Take care.

7. Looks liek a bedtiem snack.... so thse are post drop shots with the D2H hopefully nothing wrong with the 300 2.8