Some studio work with different persons

Discussion in 'People' started by vincebeus, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Hi i had some shots with few different persons the last week. All are not used in standing in a studio room. So any comment, remarks or critiques are allways welcome thanks in advance for your time and viewing my work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have to go buy a Minolta light and flash meter.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

2. Vince the first and third shots do it for me, can you detail your lighting setup. I don't have any strobes but have two SB800's and soon an SB600

3. Wow, Great shots! These "Persons" should be very happy with the pictures! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Could you tell more about your setup?

I smell: 1 large softbox (to your left?) and maybe a little one or a little reflector (on your right?) :confused:

4. Thanks for your reply. I will detail my lighting setup in the lower part of this reply.

I used two strobes wich are 400w/s per strobe. One had large softbox 85cm x 85cm i don't know in inches. And the other had a white umbrulla on it. I planning to buy a octadome (if i write it right) because that must give a nice light. The strobes i use where close to my subjects and only used about 1/8 of the light and i had high apperture to work with.

Any more questions i am welcome to answer them.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

5. VinceBeus,

Those are really good. I can see huge improvement from the last set.

Can you take a picture of your entire setup in action ?

Thanks

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hiya Vince! First off, I'd like to congratulate you on your use of the Chromakey background. These are seemlessly integrated, esp when compared to your earlier efforts! Your matching of the luminance is right on this time. It IS chromakey, isn't it? :tongue:
    Far be it from me to give lighting advice, but will offer my opinions just the same, and you can take them and add $2.75 US, and get yourself a Starbuck's Latte. :wink:
    While these are well exposed, not under or over, it seems the fill light is a bit too overpowering here, making for somewhat flat images, in that there's not that 3:1 or 4:1 main to fill ratio that's considered desirable in portraits. I just did a google search for lighting ratios, and came across this very interesting article. Take a look for yourself! Keep up the good work, you're definitely getting there!
    Lighting Ratios

7. Thanks Steve i will look after my dinner to the article and i prefer my coffee to be black with no sugar and no milk. And i thanks for your help.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

8. I will shoot a photo of my setup in the near future and share it here.

Thanks for the reply and nice comment.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

9. Thanks Steve,

I will have to figure it out how to get the right setup. And i think your link will help to make me understand how to get it right.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus