1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

some things never change...

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Jul 28, 2008.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    like the fun of playing in a cardboard box.... or my favorite combo of D2x with 50/1.4 and black and whites.

340123649_wp69t-O.

2. That is a terrific image. His eyes are incredible.

3. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    Awesome shot. Ever think of doing the selective coloring thing on this? I'd love to see everything B&W, but with his irises colored.

4. awesome image, charles
    i miss those days of my youth.... and all those cardboard boxes
    thanks for bringing back those memories for us

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh, that is a wonderful portrait Charles. Focus is just where it should be, on his expressive eyes.

6. and wow, look at that father/son resemblance (from your avatar).

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Anthony. Its all about light placement.

I have done that in the past, but its been done so much that I really hesitate to do so.

Appliance boxes were the best.:wink:

Logan is a hard target and this I consider a rare shot of him.

mini-me :wink:

8. Great shot. I remember when my kids were young they'd sometimes enjoy the box a toy came in more than the toy itself. And you're right, appliance boxes are the best!

9. We are just now moving into a new house, and my girls have LOVED the milions of boxes laying around. Sometimes I lose track of where they are until they pop out of the top, LOL! Lovely capture of Logan.

10. Looks like a young version of your Avatar!!! Nice shot, such great eyes; the B&W treatment really works here!

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    My kids are still that way. Refrigerator boxes made great forts.:biggrin:

Amanda and Logan do the same thing at work when we have big shipments come in. They are always sad to see the boxes go.

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.