some things never change...

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Jul 28, 2008.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    like the fun of playing in a cardboard box.... or my favorite combo of D2x with 50/1.4 and black and whites.

340123649_wp69t-O.jpg

2. That is a terrific image. His eyes are incredible.

3. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    Awesome shot. Ever think of doing the selective coloring thing on this? I'd love to see everything B&W, but with his irises colored.

4. awesome image, charles
    i miss those days of my youth.... and all those cardboard boxes
    thanks for bringing back those memories for us

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh, that is a wonderful portrait Charles. Focus is just where it should be, on his expressive eyes.

6. and wow, look at that father/son resemblance (from your avatar).

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Anthony. Its all about light placement.

I have done that in the past, but its been done so much that I really hesitate to do so.

Appliance boxes were the best.:wink:

Logan is a hard target and this I consider a rare shot of him.

mini-me :wink:

8. Great shot. I remember when my kids were young they'd sometimes enjoy the box a toy came in more than the toy itself. And you're right, appliance boxes are the best!

9. We are just now moving into a new house, and my girls have LOVED the milions of boxes laying around. Sometimes I lose track of where they are until they pop out of the top, LOL! Lovely capture of Logan.

10. Looks like a young version of your Avatar!!! Nice shot, such great eyes; the B&W treatment really works here!

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    My kids are still that way. Refrigerator boxes made great forts.:biggrin:

Amanda and Logan do the same thing at work when we have big shipments come in. They are always sad to see the boxes go.

Thank you.