Some to look at

D1x and various lenses

This is a compilation of two images especially taken for this.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hope you enjoyed looking at them.

Phillip.

phillip 200 said:
D1x and various lenses

Love the composition and the color, Phillip. How did you combine the images?
This is a compilation of two images especially taken for this.

What kind of bird is this?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

I especially like the first one -- the colors and silhouettes work well together.

The last one is a close runner-up, though! He was obviously sending someone a message...

Wonderful images Phillip!! We've all looked at each others images for two months, so we will especially enjoy seeing some fresh viewpoints.

I'm sure we will all learn from yours. Where were these taken?

Thanks,

Frank

Interesting, the first shot evokes a strong sense of fall. It could be spring, but it has an autumn feel to it. Very nice. I've been laughing lately watching the mallards trying to return and land in the pond out back of the house. It's still frozen over and it seems to confuse them. They come in at dusk for a landing and have to abort..... luckily, they don't have to spend the next few hours filling out the FAA forms for the go-around!

Phillip,

Have to echo all the great comments already posted.

Wonderful. Thank You for sharing these with us.

Cheers
Gale

Hi Virginia the landscape image is full frame and as is, the image of the geese was taken as a silhouette against a very bright grey sky, I first opened the landscape and applied any post processing to the image that it needed then minimise it then proceeded to open the second image I used the magic wand in photo shop to select the grey sky with a pixel radius of about 30 this automatically highlights the geese as they are silhouettes, I then go and select the magic eraser tool and then eraser the selected part of the image which is the grey sky.

This then leaves you with just the geese as silhouettes I then increase the contrast to make sure they are true silhouettes then you go to select all, then to copy, and then paste the image of the geese onto the image of the landscape then go to free transform which then allows you to resize the image of the geese to approximately any scale you wish and also anywhere in the image you wish to put them. When you are finally happy with the position of the geese you then go to layers flatten image and hey presto you have finished image.

Hope this is off some help the bird is a great crested grebe quite common in the UK it was taken approximately 10 minutes from my home the original image of the landscape and geese were taken in Scotland earlier this year on the West Coast approximately two-hour drive from my home I live in the North West of England in a seaside resort.

Phillip.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom