Some to look at

Discussion in 'Birds' started by phillip 200, Mar 18, 2005.

1. D1x and various lenses

This is a compilation of two images especially taken for this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed looking at them.

Phillip.

2. Thanks Phillip, I certainly did enjoy them. Wonderful shots.

4. I especially like the first one -- the colors and silhouettes work well together.

The last one is a close runner-up, though! He was obviously sending someone a message...

5. Beautiful image Phillip. Great colors in the first image and also love your bird images.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful images Phillip!! We've all looked at each others images for two months, so we will especially enjoy seeing some fresh viewpoints.

I'm sure we will all learn from yours. Where were these taken?

Thanks,

Frank

7. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Interesting, the first shot evokes a strong sense of fall. It could be spring, but it has an autumn feel to it. Very nice. I've been laughing lately watching the mallards trying to return and land in the pond out back of the house. It's still frozen over and it seems to confuse them. They come in at dusk for a landing and have to abort..... luckily, they don't have to spend the next few hours filling out the FAA forms for the go-around!

8. Fantastic shots Phillip. I enjoyed viewing those!! Thank you!! :D :D :D :D :D

9. Wonderful shots Phillip, especially the Grebe -- what a great posture!

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Phillip,

Have to echo all the great comments already posted.

Wonderful. Thank You for sharing these with us.

Cheers
    Gale

11. Hi Virginia the landscape image is full frame and as is, the image of the geese was taken as a silhouette against a very bright grey sky, I first opened the landscape and applied any post processing to the image that it needed then minimise it then proceeded to open the second image I used the magic wand in photo shop to select the grey sky with a pixel radius of about 30 this automatically highlights the geese as they are silhouettes, I then go and select the magic eraser tool and then eraser the selected part of the image which is the grey sky.

This then leaves you with just the geese as silhouettes I then increase the contrast to make sure they are true silhouettes then you go to select all, then to copy, and then paste the image of the geese onto the image of the landscape then go to free transform which then allows you to resize the image of the geese to approximately any scale you wish and also anywhere in the image you wish to put them. When you are finally happy with the position of the geese you then go to layers flatten image and hey presto you have finished image.

Hope this is off some help the bird is a great crested grebe quite common in the UK it was taken approximately 10 minutes from my home the original image of the landscape and geese were taken in Scotland earlier this year on the West Coast approximately two-hour drive from my home I live in the North West of England in a seaside resort.

Phillip.