Some views from Grand Teton Park

Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
20,375
Location
Idaho
I live about 100 miles from Grand Teton Park. I posted a thread about my bear adventures in the park yesterday in the Animals Forum. There were a couple of landscape shots there, but here are a few more. I didn't really get pictures of the peaks--wrong time of day. But there is more to the park than the gorgeous mountains.

Teton Pass looking toward Jackson Hole

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


A mountain view

View attachment 11966

Looking toward Jenny's Lake

View attachment 11967

Hidden Falls

View attachment 11968

Jenny's Lake Shoreline

View attachment 11969

Jenny's Lake Boat Dock

View attachment 11970

Jenny's Lake Outlet

View attachment 11971

Love the park. Hope to get back soon for more pictures. I plan to get there in the morning next time, for shots of the peaks.

As always--love suggestions, questions, or criticism.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
5,985
Location
Orlando, Florida
Terri these are fantastic! I love that waterfall shot! You even have detail in the water. Way cool!

I had pretty much ruled out Jackson for a quick photography get-away but these are making me reconsider.

Nice work!!
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
23,200
Location
SW Virginia
These are great, Terri. I especially like the first one; the detail in the distant mountains is superb. Did you take it with the 18-70 "kit" lens?

You are lucky to live near such a beautiful place.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
20,375
Location
Idaho
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #5
greyflash said:
Beautiful images Terri. I especially like the waterfall image, it has great lighting and just the right amount of blur to the water. Well done.
Thanks Gordon. I didn't really know the best settings for waterfalls and I don't have a ND filter, so I just got the shutter as slow as I could get it, 1/5 second. I guess it must have worked. Got lucky, I guess.

I post my pics on pbase and they have the exif there. Do you know why it won't show up here on a right click of the picture. I have an exif viewer installed and I can get it on some pictures I see here.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
20,375
Location
Idaho
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
Kevin Scott said:
Terri these are fantastic! I love that waterfall shot! You even have detail in the water. Way cool!

I had pretty much ruled out Jackson for a quick photography get-away but these are making me reconsider.

Nice work!!
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the compliment. As I told Gordon, the waterfall was a lucky guess. I just got the shutter as slow as I could get it.

Teton Park and Yellowstone are both photography paradises. You may want to consider a trip here. Both parks are so close to each other, they really are like one big park. I need to spend more time in both--just isn't enough hours in a day!!! Besides that, my husband just bought a new boat and he wants to be waterskiing at a couple of local reservoirs near here.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
20,375
Location
Idaho
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
Pa said:
These are great, Terri. I especially like the first one; the detail in the distant mountains is superb. Did you take it with the 18-70 "kit" lens?

You are lucky to live near such a beautiful place.
Hi Pa

All were taken with the kit lens. Someday I'll get a pro wide angle lens, but not this year. I'm really happy with the results I get from the kit lens; it is quite good.

I am lucky to live here, in the summer anyway.
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
6,668
Hi Terri.

I think I have said this before....You Have Real Talent !

Wonderful series !

Regards


RFC
 
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
17,633
Location
Chicago, IL
Beautiful Images, Terri. I love the waterfall very much. Such beautiful country...post card material there!!! Great shooting!!!
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
20,375
Location
Idaho
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #10
RFCNIKON said:
Hi Terri.

I think I have said this before....You Have Real Talent !

Wonderful series !

Regards


RFC
Robert, Thank you so much. Your encouragement is most appreciated. I really have so few skills, that I appreciate it when others make me want to keep learning.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
20,375
Location
Idaho
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #12
eng45ine said:
Beautiful Images, Terri. I love the waterfall very much. Such beautiful country...post card material there!!! Great shooting!!!
Thank you Frank. It is so beautiful there, it would be hard to take a BAD picture. I love it there and hope to get back next weekend for more photography.
 
Joined
May 18, 2005
Messages
10,546
Location
Western Slope of Colorado
Hello Terri

You - lucky with your shots? I think not!

Partly as a result of your posts here and on the OlyTalk DP Review forum (which I dearly miss and often still visit), I set about to visit Wyoming this summer . . .

My father told me that Yellowstone was the most beautiful place he'd ever seen. After three days there, I understand his viewpoint.

I hope to work up a few snaps from your neck of the woods in the next few days, and will share them here hoping for some feedback.

Your shots have inspired me to choose this trip, and I thank you for that.

Your pal,

catalyst
 
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
94
Location
Alberta, Canada
Terri French said:
Hidden Falls

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
:shock:
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
20,375
Location
Idaho
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #19
Re: Hello Terri

catalyst said:
You - lucky with your shots? I think not!

Partly as a result of your posts here and on the OlyTalk DP Review forum (which I dearly miss and often still visit), I set about to visit Wyoming this summer . . .

My father told me that Yellowstone was the most beautiful place he'd ever seen. After three days there, I understand his viewpoint.

I hope to work up a few snaps from your neck of the woods in the next few days, and will share them here hoping for some feedback.

Your shots have inspired me to choose this trip, and I thank you for that.

Your pal,

catalyst
I had no idea.......

These forums are so much fun, and you meet the nicest people. Can't wait to see your photos. So glad you enjoyed your trip. I wish I had time to get there more often.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
20,375
Location
Idaho
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #20
d_ip said:
Terri French said:
Hidden Falls

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
:shock:
Glad you enjoyed the photo. Hope you can see the real thing some day. It really is spectacular.
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom