1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some wedding pictures, part 2, classical!

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Crave, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Crave

Crave Guest

It seems you didint like the first part, hope you like the second one.

The ligth was very harsh in these 2 pictures

DSC_0012.

DSC_0031.

Now with better ligth.

DSC_0043.

DSC_0061.

DSC_0058.

DSC_0091.

A bw

DSC_0119bw.

DSC_0130.

DSC_0138nx.

Hoping for some critics!

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I like the last one the best. It is the only one where they are interacting with each other AND look happy. The other photos just look like ads for the clothes they are wearing, at least to my untrained eye.

Also, the first one looks like it could benefit from straightening. The second to last one, looks like they are sliding off of the "oddly placed" billiard table. It also emphasizes just how dirty her dress is.

The 3rd shot has nice light, but the ropes across the front demand all the attention instead of the bride.

Just my thoughts.

3. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Some interesting poses but I agree with Leigh - when I look at wedding or engagement photos the interation is what really makes the picture.

On #2 his head is causing a big shadow on her face.

Interesting series but I'm not really feeling any emotion

4. I really like both series as far as execution. I actually like the edginess of the pics, but would also like to see some where they actually look like they are in love or happy. These almost look like pics of models done as an ad for wedding dresses and tuxedoes. In the end, I assume that these captures fit the couples personality and think that you have done a really nice job.

5. ocg1999

ocg1999 Guest

why isn't she smiling? a smile should be a must at your wedding,at least for the first pictures. I agree, The last one is the one I like most

6. These look great!

My only nit-picks are the shadow cast on her face in #2 and in #3, the rope hand rail just doesn't work for me.

7. Crave

Crave Guest

Thanks for all your comments!
    Im no pro, but im a bit bored seing "straigth" pictures, in almost every picture i posted, i toke another straigth(for my friend to chose).
    Specialy in partys, after you see a album from a pro, the next one has the same compositions and framings, i think some of the new generation of pros are starting to be more creative, and dynamic.

Dont take me wrong, your critics and comments are true, some of the pics seem like they are models, the bride was very cooperative, but the grom was to serious!

Thank you all for your comments!

8. Number 6 is my favorite because the light was good enough to get detail in their eyes. Awesome! :smile:

These are all good and some really good!

I think you could use something like Nikon Captue NX2 to work on some of the shadows to make them perfect!

Thanks for sharing! :smile:

9. Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Jul 24, 2008
    TX
    ha ..i got in trouble by both photogs for not being serious enough during our wedding/engagement shots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.