Some weekend shots....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I went shooting Saturday with fellow Cafe members Patrick Bramlett and Chris Palmer, and also Chris's son Cameron. We went looking for the Eagles, and we did see them, but they didn't fly anywhere near us. Chris and Cameron stayed for a little while and got some pretty good shots on the north side of the dam. Patrick and I went around to the south side and shot GBH's. I believe that Patrick has already posted several of his shots. I also went back yesterday. Here are some of the shots that I got. This particularly set was taken with the D2H / 70-200VR + 1.7 TC.

A couple of fishing shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a flight shot that I liked. The GBH is flying away from the dam, and while it's pretty dark, I liked the effect:
    [​IMG]

This guy landed right behind me. Kind of back-lit, but I liked the wing position:
    [​IMG]

This guy landed right below me. The light was a little flatter in this one, but I like the wing and feather position here too:
    [​IMG]

In addition to the GBH's, there were a couple of feral kitties. Amazingly, they hung out around the birds, and the birds didn't seem to mind. Here's one of them:
    [​IMG]

And here is my weekly nature / man living together shot. I call it 'sharing the fishing'. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by.

2. Man you nailed these Frank. Great shots.

3. I like the flight shot #3 and the feather detail in #5! Great shots, as always!

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Another inspirational series!!

So clean and crisp.

Like everyone of them, even the kitty :rolleyes: :biggrin:

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent as always Frank not too bad for such an old dude. Happy Birthday BTW.

I see you have feather detail down so you are now working on fur detail.

6. Just when I thought it was safe to crawl from under the rock, they pull me back in!! (Stolen from Al Pacino)

Great shots Frank, I really like the 2nd one and the feral kitty. As per your usual, excellent display of talent.

7. Thorgal

Thorgal

May 2, 2005
    Belgium.
    Thanks for the detail on your shots and the detail of your shots! they are wonderful!!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone. I really love GBH's, and I enjoy going over to the dam to shoot them, but I sure am looking forward to going to Merritt / Viera and getting a little variety. :rolleyes:

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love the shots Frank. The dark one is great.
    Love the Kitty toooo :>))

10. As always, outstanding Frank. The flight shot got my attention.

Louie

11. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Wow excellent series.
    Details are very good.Flying shot ia superb.
    Thanks for sharing it.