Some weird problems

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Well my friends,
I ran over a weird kind of problem at my daughters home.

It doesn't matter which camera I use (D700, D3S or D6) it's always the same.

The living room is long and narrow and has windows only on the small sides. So my daughter leaves the light on all the time.
It's a LED light that can change the color. Just looking I didn't realize it if it's set to "white".

But all cameras are making pictures from reddish to blueish tint. This is the minor problem that can be corrected in PS.
The major problem is that the AF often doesn't work properly. 2 out of 10 pictures are right in focus.

At no other place I got this problem.

Any help is apreciated
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
It indicates it's in focus but it isn't. Shutter release in in position "focus".

It's only in this room.

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Andy
Various wavelengths of light cause react differently with phase-detect AF. The bluish tint you are seeing is consistent with the reduced amount of longer wavelength light in the LED source. This will cause slight back focusing. If your equipment is autofocusing correctly when the primary light source is incandescent or natural daylight, I'm pretty sure that your daughter's living room lighting is the culprit.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Various wavelengths of light cause react differently with phase-detect AF. The bluish tint you are seeing is consistent with the reduced amount of longer wavelength light in the LED source. This will cause slight back focusing. If your equipment is autofocusing correctly when the primary light source is incandescent or natural daylight, I'm pretty sure that your daughter's living room lighting is the culprit.
Andy, like said, it only happens in this room.
I'll try it next time with the LED light shut off.

Thank you for the explanation
Klaus

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom