Some will like them, Some will not!

Discussion in 'People' started by Jim Hall, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Shot my largest corporate event on Saturday night. Had 800 in attendance at the annual banquet. Contracted two other photographers and four assistants. We shot 350 5x7 portraits at two studio stations, and I shot the banquet itself. These two were during the dancing in front of the DJs lights. Used my S3, 50 1.4, 1600 iso. I don't over PS images often, but these looked like they needed something different than the normal to make them really unique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, thank you for looking.:smile: :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007
  2. Pics not showing up for me.... check back later.

3. Hummm

I was wondering about the choice of lighting for the first one until I read your entire explanation of the pictures, the first one is an excellent capture, the second I feel is too photoshopped, you may consider B&W for it not to have to diminish the grain so much as it would feel and look more natural.

4. Jim, I don't see anything except for #1 #2

5. red x's here

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Do you have direct linking turned on at smug mug
    I copied and pasted the url
    So it brought up the pics for me to see.
    Very different.
    I have seen this effect.
    You are right some will like it and some will not
    I think they are very nice for the treatment u used.
    Now how about the ladies you did theses for , do they like them:>)))
    Very dramatic and sexy I would say

7. Thanks to everyone for their replies. I seem to be having problems with my permission setup from SmugMug at this time. Will repost when I can get to a computer that will let me see what I haven't done to show these.

Once again, thank you & I apologize for not establishing the proper links.

Best Wishes,

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    No problem Jim
    Just a matter of turning on direct linking

9. Sooooory!

:Curved: Hope I have the SmugMug links fixed now.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Wishes,

10. Dude,

Thank you for your comments. I didn't want the natural look. Yes, they are really OVER photoshopped. Sometimes (only sometimes) I want something different (boy, are they ever). The second one to me has that "velvet painting" look, which is what I was after. Ever see one on the side of the road? They do them down here in Memphis of Elvis and my intent was to attempt to copy that as something different.

I have a rather warped side sometimes.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: