Some with my 800mm & some with my 500mm

A few from today.

Phillip.
chaffinch-d200 sigma 500
chaffinch-d200-001sdhiress.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dunnock-d200 sigma 500
dunnock-d200-001fghiress.jpg

greywagtail-d2x sigma 800 in HSC mode
greywagtail-d2x-002sdhiress.jpg

:smile: :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
All excellent Phillip as usual, but the first is exemplary. You certainly keep the bar up their for the rest of us. :smile:

Excellent work Phillip. That first shot is fantastic, not to say that the others lack, but that first one is special.

That first Chaffinch shot is really great Phillip. Excellent posture and fantastic background. Now that is how a great pose is supposed to look. :smile: I can definitely see an improvement in the sharpness of the 500 over the 800. Although that could possible be attributed to lens movement with the higher power of the 800. Great stuff!!

Cheers

Tim Z said:
That first Chaffinch shot is really great Phillip. Excellent posture and fantastic background. Now that is how a great pose is supposed to look. :smile: I can definitely see an improvement in the sharpness of the 500 over the 800. Although that could possible be attributed to lens movement with the higher power of the 800. Great stuff!!

Cheers

hi Tim yes unfortunately the grey wagtail does suffer from some camera shake the shutter speed was only 1/90 @f6.3 iso320 I should have used iso 800 really, it is one of those images I just like even though it isn't what I would say is sharp..

Phillip.

:smile:

G

Gordon Large

Nothing to say that hasn't already been said - all are really good, but the first belongs on the cover of a birding magazine.

Gordon

P

PicMan

Really nice shots Phillip, and as stated by the other lads n lass's #1 is superb. Well done

G

GaryW

Wow. Sure glad I just bought a Sigma 500. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I see I made a wise decision.

Latest threads

Top Bottom