Some wolves and a relative

Discussion in 'Birds' started by fotographik, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Here are a few of the woodland predators that I photographed this weekend.

An Arctic Wolf
    [​IMG]

A Timber Wolf..just chillin'
    [​IMG]

Head shot of another Timber Wolf
    [​IMG]

And lastly, a little Coyote...just hanging out.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great shots. I love the portrait of the Arctic Wolf.

3. Very Nice Set Frank

I like the portrait also

4. Thankyou both for the comments Gary and Torben.

5. bummer, can't get the pics to show... will check back

6. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Can't see the pictures here either.

7. Hmmmm, that's weird I've never had this type of an issue before. I can see the post just fine from home and from the office. I'll have to ask my web host to see if something is "off".

8. I think I just had an "aha!" and a "DOH!" moment at the same time. I was using "\" in my image links instead of "/". This was fine in IE 6 and 7 but not in Firefox. Just corrected the links and the photos now display in Firefox. Is that by any chance the browser you guys were using?

9. Oh yes, very nice indeed! Healthy looking wolves :smile: I really love that third shot, but I think I'd clone out the wee bit of leaf on his fur. Handsome creature indeed!

10. Beautiful wolves and coyote! Just for fun, how do you tell the different wolves apart?

11. lilaphoto

lilaphoto Guest

congrats, very nice set of images!

12. Well Diane, here's how I did it: I read the sign on their respective enclosures!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I've also been told that the Timber Wolves are generally much darker in colour (grey to brown) and are larger in size than the Artic Wolves. The later are almost all white (just a touch of grey on some of the backs of the ones we saw).

I shot the photos while visiting "Omega Park" with my three boys last weekend. It's essentially a large zoo-type installation that you visit while driving your car along a 10 km dirt road. Most animals, such as the elks, can come right up to your window and will gladly take a carrot from your hand. The exception are the carnivores (wolves, bears, coyotes) which are kept in very large fenced enclosures. The environment they live in is very natural (except for the fences) and there are no concrete structure or the like. The park is located on a VERY large estate (1500 acres). Kids just love it!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  13. Thanks!