Somebody got a new watch...

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Jetta32696, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Well it's been a year since I purchased my first home (condo), and during the first year I haven't really done anything for myself during that first year of paying a mortgage, and all other bills associated with owning a home.

Anyway, enough of that stuff. As a gift to myself and because I got a great deal, I bought a watch. Got bored tonight at home and decided to take a few pics of it using my ab800 and 1 sb800 for fill. D2hs and 60mm micro that I hijacked from my girlfriend. This is really not my type of shooting, but I decided to try something different. Any comments or suggestions on improving the photo are welcomed and appreciated.

It's an Invicta Men's Anniversary Edition Quinotaur Russian Diver in case you were wondering...

365299779_4ENPV-XL.

2. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    hey, mr. fancy pants, that watch looks sweeeeeeet!!! what's that chain on the right side of the watch for?

3. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Very impressive Keith. Looks sharp; wouldn't change a thing here.
    I know the feeling. A year after I bought mine (1989) and spent hours painting, I treated myself to a 46" lcd rear projection TV. That beast still works but I gave it away.

4. LOL - The chain holds the cover for the pin to adjust the time and wind the watch - it's weather sealed to keep water out should I decide to take a dip in the pool with it...

Thanks Vince. I haven't shot anything like this before, so this was an experiment as well. I got the 46 inch lcd mounted above the fireplace before I had furniture!! :biggrin: I was watching "stolen" cable with a lawn chair in my living room before my furniture was delivered...LMAO

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    That's an incredible cool looking watch Keith, and I'm not much for watches... I don't even think I have one that is currently working.

6. Beautiful watch and the 60mm micro and lighting really captured the movement of the timepiece.

7. as brad said....
    MR. FANCY PANTS

nice watch, keith....
    at least when you are out shooting now.... would-be thieves will concentrate on your ARM.... and not YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT.... :wink::wink:...:tongue::tongue:... :biggrin::biggrin:

8. Thanks Linda. I feel naked if I'm not wearing a watch - long story short, I used to get "in trouble" for being late as a kid. After receiving one of my numerous beatings, I got tired and bought my first watch. I haven't been late since I was 13 years old, now 36... :biggrin:

Thank you Ray. I appreciate the comments. I'll play around with it some more when I get some free time, the next two weeks will be pretty crazy for me.

Thanks Greg. LOL - it's not that fancy!! :biggrin: It's ironic that you comment about "would-be thieves" - there's a guy around my job who is apparently cutting of people's arms with an ax for their watches... :frown: A friend of a friend was recently a victim - needless to say, I do not wear this watch everyday...

9. impressive watch and photo!

10. Say what? Did your friend actually lose his arm?

11. holy cow....
    that's horrible
    how is your friend?

12. Yeah it's pretty crazy around here. They were able to re-attach the severed limb, but it will be about 2 years before he will have any real functionality of his hand and even then it will only be about 60-70%. It's going to mean hours and hours of PT and rehab...

13. Thanks Dave.

No (previous error), but the were able to re-attach the two parts. The suspect has not been caught, but has attacked 2 or 3 people in this area. The way he gets his victims is simple - he just approaches a person, asks the time, and if he like the watch and wants it, will pull out a mini ax and attack... Pretty crazy stuff.

14. that makes me sick..... and angry
    wish him well for us.... please

15. Will do, thanks.

16. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    uhhh... okay, I think I'll stick with my cheap Target watches. That's horrible, sorry about your friend.

17. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Sounds like you have some mean thieves. Better not wear a gold Rolex in that neighborhood. :biggrin: That is a neat watch, at first glance I thought you had opened it up to show off the works, then I realized that the face is transparent so you can see what makes it tick. You now have no excuse for being late.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.