Someone here has to buy this!

I'll be content to hold, loosing one stop and gaining VR with my 300 2.8.

But this is intriguing. I had to do a double take on a 300 f2, a light stopper for sure!

Very cool.

light stopper

More like a light gatherer!
This puppy would be hard to focus, even for the most experienced among us!
But oh what fun it would be...

That has to be one of the best written ebay ads I've seen yet, all information necessary, great photos of the product, full disclosure of its present state. That guy knows how to sell!

That is the best looking Nikon 800 f5.6 that I have seen. Even the case looks new. I think that the price is good. It`s a bit hard not to slam that buy now button. The old 300-1200 Nikon zoom was on Ebay this week for a bit over 10K. It was an f11 lens so what do you use it for?

Over recent months I bought a couple of long telephoto lenses from Ian Hobday, the seller of this lens. All post auction activities went as professional as his eBay presentation. Recommended seller.

Just in case you lust after this lens,
Andy

That is the best looking Nikon 800 f5.6 that I have seen. Even the case looks new. I think that the price is good. It`s a bit hard not to slam that buy now button. The old 300-1200 Nikon zoom was on Ebay this week for a bit over 10K. It was an f11 lens so what do you use it for?

Robert,
I got one of these apparently new AiS 800/5.6 from Ian. I could not resist - I hit the buy now button (and do not regret since) :smile:

Andy

I cannot lust at 10K levels, I can only dream. Well, if I sold my entire collection I guess I could, but stakes are to high.

Andy, you are mucho man. That buys something like this, then only mentions it in passing. no conspicuous consumption. That's nice to see.

Take a look at his "other auctions".
Geezzzz, he must have some $60K or so worth for sale - just in lenses, including a NOCT, and a load of other fabulous glass....

Frits, you haven't hit the "Buy It Now" button yet?!:eek: I guess you can't decide between the 300/2 and the Noct, eh? Just get both-you could probably get a shipping discount. :tongue:

Frits, you haven't hit the "Buy It Now" button yet?!:eek: I guess you can't decide between the 300/2 and the Noct, eh? Just get both-you could probably get a shipping discount. :tongue:
I think I'm OK for now, thank you very much....:smile: (once I find a 400 f/3.5 that I'm looking for in the FS forum).

I do not understand the comment in the ad that many of the 300/2's were converted for TV/film use. Converted to what? Something that fits on a video camera?? Sorry, I'm just technically dense on this one. :redface:

Latest threads

Top Bottom