Something completely different

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    For me at least. I was looking for some Eagle shots that I wanted to try reprocessing now that I have PS CS and came across this image. It is so different from anything that I've ever posted before, and if you hate it, I'll understand. My weak attempt at art. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Frank

I find it to be a wonderfully tranquil shot.

And now..I'm not playing suck up :)

3. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    I love it. The reflections in the water and flying birds over the heron against a smooth background really hold my attention.

I see a lot of excellent shots of birds & other wildlife but most don't include the environment around. I like these artistic shots showing their wildlife in their natural surroundings.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    That's what struck me too Jim. Thanks for the nice words. I really want folks to like it. :rolleyes:

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank,

What's not to like? It's very peaceful shot. I think it's a keeper for sure!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Jay. I'm an engineer, and so I probably will never be an excellent wildlife photographer, mostly because I look too much for the precision and detail, and miss the big picture. Maybe this shot will help me move more in the right direction. :smile:

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I echo what Leigh and the others have said, "what's not to like". Nice image with tweeking, Frank

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    That's my take too Leigh. :smile:

Thanks,

9. Gorgeous....and of course, I AM sucking up! That grey teal-blue makes the image.

Rich

10. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Absolutely wonderful. I would think of cropping the log from the right, oh maybe not?

11. Frank,

I like the picture. Peaceful is a good word for it.

12. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Frank -

Nothing weak about this! I really like the simplicity. Only a couple of things to grab your attention - the white birds, the GBH (???) on the branches, and the patterns in the water. Works for me. The only thing I find a bit distracting are what appear to be very indistinct white vertical streaks. Am I seeing something that isn't there?

Gordon

13. Frank this is a beautiful picture. It is different from most here and it is very good.

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Ok I'll suck up a little :redface:
    Maybe crop some more :confused:

15. This is a great shot, it carries something etheral, unreal, that makes it very pleasing. The three white birds are stricking in their contrast against the predominent hue in which the heron blends in.
    I also can see the pale vertical lines. I think they are faint reflections from the first line of tree trunks on the other side of the bassin.

16. I like it. It's different, but very peaceful.

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thats a real nice shot Frank.

18. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Frank , thats a great shot !

I agree about cropping out the log on the right though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2005
  19. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks again everyone for the kind words. As someone already mentioned the streaks are reflections from the trees on the opposite shore.

I actually processed this shot 5 different ways, and finally picked this version. It has the saturation boosted quite a bit. It looked very hazy otherwise.

Regards,

20. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Frank,
    USM 30/20/0 or something like that, up to 50/35/0..2; have you tried that hit?