Something completely different

For me at least. I was looking for some Eagle shots that I wanted to try reprocessing now that I have PS CS and came across this image. It is so different from anything that I've ever posted before, and if you hate it, I'll understand. My weak attempt at art. :rolleyes:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love it. The reflections in the water and flying birds over the heron against a smooth background really hold my attention.

I see a lot of excellent shots of birds & other wildlife but most don't include the environment around. I like these artistic shots showing their wildlife in their natural surroundings.

jfenton said:
I find it to be a wonderfully tranquil shot.

And now..I'm not playing suck up :)
That's what struck me too Jim. Thanks for the nice words. I really want folks to like it. :rolleyes:

Frank,

What's not to like? It's very peaceful shot. I think it's a keeper for sure!

JayR said:
I love it. The reflections in the water and flying birds over the heron against a smooth background really hold my attention.

I see a lot of excellent shots of birds & other wildlife but most don't include the environment around. I like these artistic shots showing their wildlife in their natural surroundings.
Thanks Jay. I'm an engineer, and so I probably will never be an excellent wildlife photographer, mostly because I look too much for the precision and detail, and miss the big picture. Maybe this shot will help me move more in the right direction. :smile:

G

Gordon Large

Flew said:
For me at least. I was looking for some Eagle shots that I wanted to try reprocessing now that I have PS CS and came across this image. It is so different from anything that I've ever posted before, and if you hate it, I'll understand. My weak attempt at art. :rolleyes:
Frank -

Nothing weak about this! I really like the simplicity. Only a couple of things to grab your attention - the white birds, the GBH (???) on the branches, and the patterns in the water. Works for me. The only thing I find a bit distracting are what appear to be very indistinct white vertical streaks. Am I seeing something that isn't there?

Gordon

Gordon Large said:
Frank -

Snip...
The only thing I find a bit distracting are what appear to be very indistinct white vertical streaks. Am I seeing something that isn't there?

Gordon
This is a great shot, it carries something etheral, unreal, that makes it very pleasing. The three white birds are stricking in their contrast against the predominent hue in which the heron blends in.
I also can see the pale vertical lines. I think they are faint reflections from the first line of tree trunks on the other side of the bassin.

Frank , thats a great shot !

I agree about cropping out the log on the right though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again everyone for the kind words. As someone already mentioned the streaks are reflections from the trees on the opposite shore.

I actually processed this shot 5 different ways, and finally picked this version. It has the saturation boosted quite a bit. It looked very hazy otherwise.

Regards,

Flew said:
It has the saturation boosted quite a bit. It looked very hazy otherwise.
Dear Frank,
USM 30/20/0 or something like that, up to 50/35/0..2; have you tried that hit?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom