Something different: Macaws

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Don't see many of these birds posted so thought I'd mix things up a bit. These were out in the open at Gatorland. I always try to shoot them when I see them but never really get anything great. I was pleased with these.

Taken with the 70-200VR + 1.4tc handheld.

A red one~
    [​IMG]

And a blue one~
    [​IMG]

And a couple of close ups~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shiver me timbers, these are GREAT!

3. Kevin...These birds are so colorful and you sure brought the colors out of them.

4. Lol! Thanks, Dave!

5. Hi Melissa,
    I was hoping that I could get things right with these. I was so concerned with getting a decent background. I was kind of surprised to see how vivid the colors came out!

Thanks for looking and kind words!

6. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Nice job Kevin, the fact these were in the wild is the kicker! I'm happy for you to get some shots you are proud of.

Well done, the closeups are beautifully done.

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

You know Kevin these are all good, but you just hit another reason to come visit me someday !! You can have all the Macaw shots you want (at a nominal rate :biggrin: )

Let me introduce you to Maggie and Henry :biggrin:
    Maggie
    [​IMG]

Henry
    [​IMG]

Harry always screams unfair when I post my two buds, so in kindness to the Old Man I try and behave :biggrin: :rolleyes:

I just love parrots (as most animals) and I'm lucky to have aquired these guys a few years back.
    If you want to see a few more here's the link:
    http://bfjr.smugmug.com/gallery/475443/1/16628613

You just reminded me I haven't done any fresh images in awhile, so now it's on my list.
    Hope you had a great weekend.

9. Outstanding captures Kevin. The first one is my favorite, colors and clarity are excellent.

10. Kevin are you sure you are not working for Kodak or Fuji? The colors are great. These are fine looking birds. Pop comes to mind when I see these pictures.

11. Excellent shots such vibrant colors I love watching these birds

12. Thanks Bob! I can't imagine seeing these in the wild-that would be too cool. I remember seeing some rather exotic birds once when I was in Peru. It was a thrill.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  13. Thanks Brett! Yeah, it's nice to get some keepers every once in a while. I guess technically they weren't out in the wild since they're in Gatorland but they weren't tethered. Doesn't really matter to me as long as they turn out ok! :wink:

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kev,

I remember these guys, and as I recall, they are real characters. Very nicely shot. :wink:

I can't wait to get back down there. :smile:

15. After seeing all the shots you guys have been posting lately, I just may have to do that!

Well, it was fine and so was my day until HarryB posted that thread in my honor! Grrrrr.....:wink:

16. Thanks Louis! Hopefully some of these samplings from Gatorland will spur some interest from those attending Merritt Island III.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment!

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Nice ones Kevin. You really captured the colors and details in those shots.

18. I wish I were...then maybe I could get that 500, or 200-400VR!!!

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting. I'm really glad you enjoyed these! :smile:

19. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Fantastic shots Kevin,colours are awesome.