Something different, underwater pond insects and beetles.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Apr 22, 2005.

1. I made myself a small three inch square aquarium and I go across the street and catch small pond critters and place them in and take there pictures, it can be pretty interesting what you get.

This is one from today a portrait of a Giant Water Bug, he/she was too big for the micro aqaruim so I couldn't get a full body shot.
    20227617-L.

One of my favorites a Water Tiger which is the larval stage of the Giant Diving Beetle.
    18883707-L.
    18883703-L.

Diving Beetle.
    18883702-L.
    Water Boatman
    17422533-L.

Martin

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I find pond life to be fascinating, and Martin, you've really put some amazing images together. What a great idea, to make your own pond with clear sides!

I gotta tell you though, that water tiger gives me the creeps!

But the shots are fantastico!

3. Beautiful, Martin! Why don't you tell us how you photographed these marvelous creatures in a 3" dish.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Thanks Chris and Virginia, tomorrow I will do a little right up on the setup.

Martin

5. Great shots ! - That multi facet eye is kinda spooky though.

After you put your creatures in, try waiting for 5 or 10 minutes - this should give those air bubbles a chance to be absorbed into the water.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Strangeeeeee things you have in your pond. EEEEKKKK I am not going in any body of water :>))

The shots are super though. Vey interesting critters.

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Hmmm...I have to say I'm w/Gale on this...No more going swimming in anything other than my pool!!! The shots are fantastic and I'm w/the others, I'd like to know how you did this!

8. creepy but cool! I too would like to see the set-up!

9. Wow, those are some prehistoric looking creatures. I think I am going to stay out of the water. Nicely done.

10. Sharp pictures and interesting subjects. Congrats for a cool project.

11. WHOA!! Amazing detail!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

12. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Amazing shots, Martin!