Something odd happening in Firefox and Chrome browser when posting in threads

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.
This is the popup message I get when trying to post using both Firefox and Chrome. It looks like the message not accepted but when I look at the thread it is there. AFAIK this is only happening with the Cafe site and only with replies to messages or edits not first post to a thread

Looks like this once I press the save button after edit
Oops Problems.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Bill Walderman
It's annoying, but if you just ignore it, hit the back arrow, and then forward, you'll see your attempted post actually went through. Just don't try posting your message a second time, as that will leave duplicate posts.

Last edited:

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
It happened to me. Not only that, but I was unable to respond here until I logged out and back in again.

I've asked the other mods to see if we can figure it out.

I can't post on Firefox, but I can with Chrome.

In FF, I click on the blank white area to respond to a post, and nothing happens.

Try
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 20.20.00.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Yeah, this is a seemingly random issue, but it probably can't actually be random. It hasn't happened to me this morning but yesterday it was happening a lot.

There was a point at which it not only gave me an error when I hit "Post Reply", but also, it left me nowhere to actually type a reply! This field, which I'm typing in now, wasn't available. It just didn't exist as a typable space.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom