.....something you become.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Vernon t, Jul 20, 2007.

1. A black-belt is not something you earn or own. It is something you BECOME.:wink:

This is immediately following the candlelight awards ceremony.

I've been away from these forums away too long.....working on way too many other things....not the least of which has been the joy of studying ATA Taekwondo with my growing-up-far-too-fast 15 y/o!

She vowed to, and indeed did, beat me to black belt! (I'm not there yet. I've done all the colored belts and wear a non-insignia "black-recommended" belt. I can train with the black belts but don't get my name on one for a while.)

Post #1000? Yes, I need to start hanging out around here again.

A rare shot, only because I'm in it for once....and my lovely wife has overcome her camera shake.:smile:

D2X 17-55 auto-everything, ISO 800 I think

Her belt.......20 minutes old.:biggrin::biggrin:

2. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    It is funny how our kids out-do us in so many things...which generally is good. :cool: Good capture Vernon. This definitely is a must for the family album.

3. Yep, she's as much, likely more, competitive than my type-A self.

Thanks.
    I need to start shooting photos again.
    I'm sitting here in L&D waiting, yet again, for a recalcitrant fetus to exit it's mom's pelvis so maybe I can get home to the she and the rest of the family!!! (10PM here in The Republic of Texas)

4. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Wow, becoming a proud father again! All the best and pls keep us updated with photos of the new arrival....yes, keep shooting!

5. Congrats to your daughter, Vernon! My 11 yr old son is 2 belts from a karate black belt. It's hard work.

6. Congratulations to your daughter for her black belt and to you for having such a great daughter. Also, for your perseverance in getting to where you are in your quest.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent

Great image also