Something you Don't see Everyday....

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Desert Rat, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Something you probably don't see everyday. The flyby of the AFFTC (Air Force Flight Testing Center) arsenal.

Edwards Airforce Base

In order from left to right
    Larger Planes
    KC-135 Tanker
    B1-B Lancer
    C-17 Globemaster III Transport
    B-52 Stratofortress (BUFF)

Smaller Planes
    F-117 Stealth Fighter
    F-16 Viper NASA Plane
    Some Trainer
    F-16 Viper
    F-22 Raptor

B-52 Stratofortress (BUFF)
    F-117 Stealth Fighter
    F-16 Viper NASA Plane
    Some Trainer
    F-16 Viper
    F-22 Raptor

View attachment 87257
  2. Eric,

Nice capture. I still love seeing the planes fly.

I think the trainer is what we called an F-5 when I was in the USAF. I could be wrong since that was 36 years ago.
  3. Now that a cool image, how did you manage this one Eric?
  4. Great shot ... awesome!!

The "unknown trainer" is a T-38 Talon. There was also a variant known as the F-5 that was sold to many smaller countries for their Air Forces.

5. davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice shots, real interesting the size difference between the fighters. The F-16 and F-5 are really small next to the F-22 (and I think F-15 as well).

Here is some more info on the T-38.

The T-38 or F-5 was very widely sold, over 30 countries I believe. The cool version was the T-5G / T-20 Tiger. They took out the twice engines and replaced it with one big one. I seem to recall that the F-18 was an evolution of the F-5. Anyone remember when Wings was on the regular basic cable Discovery chanel?
  6. Fly-by???? More like Fly-AT!!! Great shots!
  7. Thanks Raul..
    Well, at Edwards they do a fly by of everyhting they have showed in the show at the end... The flew from left to right so i just shot them as they were flying parallel to the crowd...
  8. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Nope you don't see this everyday, nice grab, and something I hoep to see one day!

9. PGB

Jan 25, 2005

Bet that sounded awesome!
  10. eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    What an awesome sight...and cool capture. The ground must have rattled when those fast-movers flew over. Eric, you are the King of the Airshows!
  11. Wonderful!
    Would've love to have been there!
  12. jsch33

Dec 27, 2006
    Surprise, AZ

Nice shot, got one of those shots myself in '05. Any good shots from Luke last weekend. I went Sunday but don't know when I will get to processing any of the shots.
  13. Thanks Ken
    Thanks for the info... Yep the fighters are way smaller than the big birds...
  14. Thanks Wade..
  15. Thanks Patrick..

Thanks Frank.. you are too kind..
  16. Thanks
    Thanks... Will see abotu Luke have to look through them still
  17. pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Great shots. :smile: I'm doing some research on where and which airshow to attend, locally. I always pass by EAFB when I go tracking at Willowsprings raceway.