Something you Don't see Everyday....

Something you probably don't see everyday. The flyby of the AFFTC (Air Force Flight Testing Center) arsenal.

Edwards Airforce Base

In order from left to right
Larger Planes
KC-135 Tanker
B1-B Lancer
C-17 Globemaster III Transport
B-52 Stratofortress (BUFF)

Smaller Planes
F-117 Stealth Fighter
F-16 Viper NASA Plane
Some Trainer
F-16 Viper
F-22 Raptor

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B-52 Stratofortress (BUFF)
F-117 Stealth Fighter
F-16 Viper NASA Plane
Some Trainer
F-16 Viper
F-22 Raptor

View attachment 87257

Eric,

Nice capture. I still love seeing the planes fly.

I think the trainer is what we called an F-5 when I was in the USAF. I could be wrong since that was 36 years ago.

Real Name
Ken St John
Great shot ... awesome!!

The "unknown trainer" is a T-38 Talon. There was also a variant known as the F-5 that was sold to many smaller countries for their Air Forces.

Cheers!!

Ken

Real Name
David
Nice shots, real interesting the size difference between the fighters. The F-16 and F-5 are really small next to the F-22 (and I think F-15 as well).

Here is some more info on the T-38.

The T-38 or F-5 was very widely sold, over 30 countries I believe. The cool version was the T-5G / T-20 Tiger. They took out the twice engines and replaced it with one big one. I seem to recall that the F-18 was an evolution of the F-5. Anyone remember when Wings was on the regular basic cable Discovery chanel?

Now that a cool image, how did you manage this one Eric?
Thanks Raul..
Well, at Edwards they do a fly by of everyhting they have showed in the show at the end... The flew from left to right so i just shot them as they were flying parallel to the crowd...
Eric,
Nice capture. I still love seeing the planes fly.
I think the trainer is what we called an F-5 when I was in the USAF. I could be wrong since that was 36 years ago.
Thanks...

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Nope you don't see this everyday, nice grab, and something I hoep to see one day!

Wade

What an awesome sight...and cool capture. The ground must have rattled when those fast-movers flew over. Eric, you are the King of the Airshows!

Eric,

Nice shot, got one of those shots myself in '05. Any good shots from Luke last weekend. I went Sunday but don't know when I will get to processing any of the shots.

Great shot ... awesome!!
The "unknown trainer" is a T-38 Talon. There was also a variant known as the F-5 that was sold to many smaller countries for their Air Forces.
Cheers!!Ken
Thanks Ken
Nice shots, real interesting the size difference between the fighters. The F-16 and F-5 are really small next to the F-22 (and I think F-15 as well).
Here is some more info on the T-38.
The T-38 or F-5 was very widely sold, over 30 countries I believe. The cool version was the T-5G / T-20 Tiger. They took out the twice engines and replaced it with one big one. I seem to recall that the F-18 was an evolution of the F-5. Anyone remember when Wings was on the regular basic cable Discovery chanel?
Thanks for the info... Yep the fighters are way smaller than the big birds...

Great shots. :smile: I'm doing some research on where and which airshow to attend, locally. I always pass by EAFB when I go tracking at Willowsprings raceway.

Latest threads

Top Bottom