1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sometimes its better at home!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Tim O, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Well folks started at 6:00 am this morning and hit 2 different lakes and still came home with no keepers,but hey that is just the way it goes for us sometimes.I pull in front of the house and see this Robin playing around in the front yard so I grab the D300 & 300 2.8 with the 1.4 and get this first shot on the gutter.
    [​IMG]
    Now the bird is back on the ground so I grab the D200 with 70-200 and crawl around the front yard after the little gem:smile:
    348403386_4tEtC-XL.
    OK Tim I see you over there
    348403438_5ZXXv-XL.

348403475_zxgsM-XL.

348403508_AQAe8-XL.
    Nothing like a very friendly subject no matter were it is located:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  2. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    Nice captures, Tim! It looks like a very young bird. Is there a nest nearby?

3. I bet the lake was still nice. Some nice images of this well-fed Robin, Tim. Your first post looks like some posterization in the sky, or is that the background?

4. thanks, tim
    i'm thrilled that you found such a photogenic creature to share with us

5. A common bird but not uncommon photos. Well done. With a yard full of robins I have never done as well.

Les

6. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Haven't seen any nest but I think you are right about it being a young bird.Thanks Tim
    Thanks David,and the background is just the neighbors house
    Thanks for the nice comment Greg
    Thank you Les:smile:

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Another crawl around shot, well done Tim! I have seen a lot of this photog crawling after birds, whatever it takes is his creed.

8. oscarzan

oscarzan

Aug 7, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    Great series. All very sharp and well exposed.

9. I love the perspective on the first one (it's not often I see all of the white feathers on robins).

10. nice shots Tim,. I find getting to know the aera is a big help, and there is no place like home.

11. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thank you all for taking a look and the very nice comments,hoping for many more BYB images as the weather :cool: s :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.