Sometimes no matter what ya do...

This package was left by an Amazon.com driver at the front door of my neighbor's house. I moved it after I took the picture.

Mike 2021-04-08--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I guess reading comprehension isn't high on the priority list for the delivery folks! LOL!

Occasionally packages here will be misdelivered, but that is understandable as we have several buildings which look alike and in addition they all have the same unit names, so easy for a new driver to deliver something to Unit D in building number 4 rather than to Unit D in building number 2 which is the one which actually ordered the product.

I guess reading comprehension isn't high on the priority list for the delivery folks! LOL!

Occasionally packages here will be misdelivered, but that is understandable as we have several buildings which look alike and in addition they all have the same unit names, so easy for a new driver to deliver something to Unit D in building number 4 rather than to Unit D in building number 2 which is the one which actually ordered the product.
We're blessed with GREAT local delivery folk for UPS, USPS and FedEx. We know each other by name, and often (pre Covid) would run to each other at a bar or music venue or some such place around town. The utter joy of small town life!

Is it normal over there for deliveries to not require a signature?

Wine was the only thing I used to have to sign for. Thanks to COVID and the additional risk that comes with getting a signature, those rules have been completely relaxed in my area by the carriers. They only want to know that someone is home. Even then, I get so many wine deliveries that they don't even seem to care if I'm home. I don't know if that will change once the pandemic is no longer considered such a serious threat.

I just got a high value item from FedEx today. It was supposed to be signed for but the driver just handed it to me and said "I'll sign for you if that's ok" This has happened before. Yes we both had masks.

postal lady delivered a package a couple of days ago that required a signature. she handed me the box, and asked if it was ok if she scribble my signature on her electronic device, saying she’d seen my signature and could do it. I told her sure, go ahead.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Did you like to press bells and run away quickly when you were a kid? Then we have the right job for you.
Your postal service...

Just a thought
Klaus

Is it normal over there for deliveries to not require a signature?
Usually it is for expensive, valuable items, and I think that the requirement is established by the seller of the product. However, with COVID-19, even expensive packages have been delivered without the recipient having to sign for it, and I think that as mentioned above, the delivery person quickly does the signature on their electronic device and moves on to the next delivery. A couple of times I've glanced out a window and seen the delivery person arriving and so have been at the door when he/she came with the package and they simply signed the electronic device themselves, having seen that I, the presumed intended recipient, was indeed present to receive it. One time a delivery person, still holding the package, asked my name and as I told him, he verified it by looking at the package and at his device.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom